Green Monday (BTFD)

Discussion in 'Trading' started by bond_trad3r, May 31, 2013.

1. I'm relatively confidant stocks will be green at the close Monday. This is a great chance to make free $$$ in the S&P by BTFD. I'll wait till futures bottom out Sunday night and ride the retracement back up. Any other BTD strategies to play now until close on Monday?

:cool:

2. I tend to agree. The crashtastic close was just rebalancing on equities high and bonds low. It should be a good monday unless everyone is interpreting QE as already over, which is the kind of ignorant assumption i tend to believe intelligent market participants are not undertaking.

3. Will it work?
    Tuesday 20/21?

4. heypa

heypa

t
    Tomorrow is Tuesday lets keep the win streak going. We are duty bound to buy buy buy.

5. TILT2

TILT2

I don't think so, but you can have a try

6. TILT2

TILT2

is it a joke?

7. heypa

heypa

Somebody call Ben. More "Q" needed.Tuesdays must be supported or the whole nightmare collapses.

8. lwlee

lwlee

Maybe you are right about Monday but I kept thinking Friday that it was the start of "Sell in May and Go Away". This year, it just came later. I think June is going to be a down month.

9. It wasn't a re-balancing. It was a "risk-off" trade into FI. Did it really seem like an allocation play to you? And we took out the weekly low by 12 into the close. Ugly. I have no idea where we close, but a touch if 1618 futures seems to be in the cards for Monday.

10. there also was huge SPY put oi @ 164 strike expiring..could have been some delta hedging that pressured the selling.

in any case no one really knows..enjoy the vol if you guys know how to..good luck!

#10     Jun 1, 2013