Green Bay Packers Stock

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by bc1, Dec 7, 2011.

1. bc1

bc1

Hi. Just wondering if anyone was long on some Green Bay Packers stock at $250 a share? It isn't tradeable but you get an invite to the stockholder's meeting.

Guess I'll pass. Too bad all the teams don't do an IPO so they have some tradeable stocks. Then trade options on the games.

2. Pekelo

Pekelo

The weak performance of a team doesn't mean that it is a bad business. If the fans are loyal and showing up for the game and buying the merchandise, it is a good business....

3. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

From what I understand the fanbase shareholders don't get any dividends.

And since it's not tradable, it's like a tax for those who want to pay it for the benefit of the team. Better to make it voluntary that force all taxpayers to contribute to build a new stadium for some rich entitled team owner.

4. rickf

rickf

From what I hear it's more of a $250 piece of Packer memoribilia with "rights" to attend the shareholder meeting than something akin to "stock" like what you'd expect from stocks trading on the NYSE. Still, for Packer fans, it's a nice way to show their support, foster community, and raise money for the team, I guess.

But to hear the media report the offering of "Packers Stock" you'd think it was akin to a Facebook or Twitter IPO. lol

5. rickf

rickf

Yeah, I wonder how many Packer fans adhere to the no-betting clause. :)

But I agree, this is a cool thing if you're a sports fan.

6. 250,000 folks lined up and bot certificates

the height is the 25$ processing fee..! that takes the cake.. processing my #@%%..
    this reminds me of the video professor who used to send us free learning software. only pay 7$ S &H. that itself was a money spinner..

here. this worthless 5 cent piece of paper. wow.. - first u pay 250. then 25 for processing.. LOL...

7. I bet INDY would be a rocking ticker...maybe I could purchase a Peyton option?

8. Pekelo

Pekelo

Technically speaking:

"owners of that stock can be fined up to $500,000 for betting on NFL games or representing the league in a not cool way."

9. Ill pay 250 for that sheet of paper. I like the packers I always have. My dad was a greenbay fan from the beginning. They won super bowl I man! Cool stuff to me

#10     Dec 7, 2011