Greek referendum on Dec 4th or 5th will decide Greece´s "future"

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by ASusilovic, Nov 2, 2011.

1. French President Nicolas Sarkozy said that the Greek referendum to be held on Dec. 4 or Dec. 5 will determine Greece’s future in the euro.

Greece must adopt the entire bailout package in order to receive payment of the sixth tranche of aid, Sarkozy told reporters in Cannes, France, today after talks with Greek Prime Minister George Papandreou and German Chancellor Angela Merkel.

European leaders are seeking a “coordinated, firm, definitive” strategy to comabt the region’s debt crisis, he said. Europe “can’t have a prolonged period of uncertainty.”

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-...nation-s-future-in-the-euro-sarkozy-says.html

What a joke.

*SARKOZY SAYS GREECE WON'T GET `SINGLE CENT' WITHOUT ENACTMENT

*JUNCKER SAYS AID PAYMENT DEPENDS ON GREEK VOTE

*GREECE HAS `LOST 8 BILLION. THAT IS A PITY,' JUNCKER SAYS

2. Buy Dec vol now. Cover at the open on 12/2/2011.

3. This is excellent as ive been short the market for 2weeks now! :D :cool: :p

4. I want the Deutsche Mark back!

[​IMG]

5. hayman

hayman

Come on guys, get real. The world is saved one day & the world economy is growing. The next day we're talking about deep recession and the worldwide contagion epidemic. And back and forth, back and forth we go, on almost a daily basis.

The "news" is no longer a long-term phenomenon; it is designed to be digested and applied to a maximum of 24 hour windows at best. The pundits run with the flavor of the day, and market continues to whipsaw in ways that were uncommon just a few short years ago.

Tomorrow we'll be down a couple of hundred points, and by weeks' end, Greece will adopt all resolutions, and the market will fly. Then, next week, something will be unearthed that will cause the downdraft to start all over again.

I can only look at things at the 24,000 foot view and long range, and I see nothing but dire problems ahead of us. Of course, that doesn't mean we won't see Dow 13,000 sometime soon, since the markets only seem to care about the very, very short-term only.

6. noone3

noone3

I agree! Greece's debt accounts for less than 4% of the rest of the Europe debt (italy Spain etc) and yet the whole world is looking at their global market moving commentary and news! It's a joke, and so is the market as a whole it seems, too much speculation, manipulation, corruption. So let's make as much as possible off of it and then invest in something more decent :)

7. German cars? :p

8. let them all come here and drive cabs and sell souvlaki.

the party is over guys.

9. noone3

noone3

Been there, done that already!!!
    Then enjoyed the best of life that ONLY Greece can offer!!!
    Now what? History repeats?

10. what is vol ?

#10     Nov 3, 2011