Greedy Trump... Jawboning The Fed Yet Again... SHAME ON HIM!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Scataphagos, Jun 11, 2019.

1. LacesOut

LacesOut

I was really hoping Trumpy would do something drastic about the US Central Bank.
    Disappointed.

#21     Jun 13, 2019
  2. RedDuke

RedDuke

It will take another great depression to right the ship unfortunately. When it happens who knows, but most probably in our life time. What most outside finance fail to realize and/or acknowledge, is that the whole recovery and prosperity we now enjoy is debt based. Among many things, companies did massive buy back with borrowed funds, mind boggling.

But hey, everyone's 401k are up and keep going up. All good :)

#22     Jun 13, 2019
  3. I pray for those relying on 401ks to take care of them later in life....

#23     Jun 13, 2019
  4. RedDuke

RedDuke

That is the vast majority of our country. Pension plans are all but destroyed, SS due to each admin dipping into its surpluses will not be a big help, so 401k is all that is left.

The irony is when 401k was being created it was supposed to complement Pensions and Social security, but it morphed into main vehicle.

Yes, it could get very ugly, but the bull run started in 1980s keeps on delivering thus far.

#24     Jun 13, 2019
  5. The contributions and net annual gains in 401ks make sense if you start a job at age 22 and contribute with matching for 40+ years with the same company that grows. Even then what you have at age 65 might not be enough to live well for the undetermined years you have.

Truest path to lasting wealth/money is business creation and investing in assets. Most people dont have the means or balls to do the first and make the mistake of thinking assets means buying stocks.

#25     Jun 13, 2019
  6. Reducing deficits when you have lesser imports and goods being produced locally instead. Also goods that are produced locally will be exported. In essence, lowering imports, increasing exports.

#26     Jun 13, 2019
  7. I don't need an economics lesson from you, junior.

There are 2 sides to every argument. You've latched onto the one Trump wants you to support. It will have very bad consequences once the "party money" is worn through.

#27     Jun 14, 2019