Greedy Trump... Jawboning The Fed Yet Again... SHAME ON HIM!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Scataphagos, Jun 11, 2019.

1. Tony Stark

Tony Stark

Its how stupid he knows yall are.

Cuddles likes this.
  2. Cuddles

Cuddles

Well, you voted the guy in with a history of attacking the fed and wanting cheap money, so...

Tony Stark likes this.
  3. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

One of the reasons I voted for Trump was precisely because he went after the Fed for blowing a bubble and attacking cheap money. Then he flip flopped and went towards pushing for cheap money. I remember voting for Obama on the premise he would prosecute the bankers involved in the financial crisis. And then he did precisely zippo.

Obama lost my vote because of that lie. Trump will almost certainly lose my vote because of his.

FriskyCat likes this.
  4. But what if Trump is right? That the Fed has been too quick to raise rates when the economy is rolling over on its own. It's clear that inflation in the things the Fed has any influence over is close to zero. Why shouldn't the President have a view on this, particularly when his opinion is at odds with the Fed's?

5. Based on his treatment in the Mueller witch hunt, Trump probably has less trust in official Washington than any President in memory. And why should he? The Fed's record in particular is awful.

6. Sadly it will be hard to find someone you can vote for who won't lie about a promise once they are in office haha.

Optionpro007 likes this.
  7. LacesOut

LacesOut

Interest rates are too low. Malinvestment everywhere.

Obama should know - he presided over 8 years of ZIRP and many bubbles were reblown.

Thanks Ozero!

FriskyCat likes this.
  8. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Trump is not right. You don't solve a debt crisis by lowering rates and encouraging more debt.

And even if he was right, it was a total flip flop from pre-election tweets.

9. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

But it as Bush who gave us Bernanke. He'll be forever known as the godfather of bubbles.

#10     Jun 12, 2019
    AAAintheBeltway likes this.