Greece

Discussion in 'Economics' started by maxitronixy, Apr 22, 2010.

1. Chill out. Looks like you need a siesta.

Lack of precision is a forgivable offense when wit is the goal.

#11     Apr 22, 2010
  2. If Turkey is invaded from the rear, Greece will help!

#12     Apr 22, 2010
  3. [​IMG]

PIIGS?

#13     Apr 22, 2010
  4. I would imagine that as the Greek Comedy/Tragedy continues to play out (some questions if all the loans will not just become a bigger problem down the road) and a default now would be better than a default later. Until the actual solvency (not liquidity) of the sovereign debt becomes clearer Greek debt could be fraught with portends of peril. So for me the question becomes is it a loan from France and Germany to a fellow EU country, or is it a bailout of the lenders (the countries that are loaning the money to Greece are the ones that that Greek debt is owed to). Grin... Starts to make you wonder if the concern is to guaranty the country that is the borrower or the lender? The more interest you charge (bringing the loan rate on parity with the risk) the less likely that country can emerge from the crisis. Sort of a death spiral at best and at worst a catastrophe of heroic proportions.

#14     Apr 22, 2010
  5. I dang near busted my gut reading your post - and mind you - that is one big gut to bust! Well said! Thanks for your humorous explanation.

-gastropod

#15     Apr 22, 2010
  6. Ah Ah!!!! It is 35%...not counting the private debt held by the mafia! :D Relax - I am joking!

-gastropod

#16     Apr 22, 2010
  7. ah.Thanks for that, really puts things in perspective. But I read that Greece / Germany is reluctant to approach the IMF

Why the relutance? And waht's the IMF's role in this mess?

#17     Apr 23, 2010
  8. Excellent ! Good laugh here ! :D :D :D

#18     Apr 23, 2010
  9. IMF chief Strauss-Kahn tries to ease Greece fears

"Greek citizens should not fear the IMF," he said. "We are there to try to help them."

Translation: "You are screwed no matter what!"

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/8642399.stm

#19     Apr 24, 2010
  10. LOL! You are right! It reminds me of the saying, "We are from the government. We are here to help you." That means - RUN!!!!

-gastropod

#20     Apr 24, 2010