Greece to slash 20% of public workforce "right now"

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by ASusilovic, Sep 7, 2011.

1. ok. I agree.. we keep them employed.. but in 90% of the world economies... Public sector is supposed to be lethargic and underpaid.. and private sector is where u get better benifets and less job security and more pay..

but in this country. thanks to the unions and only ~5 -10% of folks vote -very slacker vote turnouts. here.(in DFW area ) texas- my council man told me)... the police/ firefighter and teacher unions... influence their pay packets so much

while in the pvt sector.. jobs are vanishing due to outsourcing.. and benefits are getting cut..

so u get it... these SLOBS are getting the cake and eating it too... job security.. better benefits and salaries. while we foot the bill.
    as u know.. a city is obliged to meet its commitments. even if the tax the hell out of the rest of us.. this extortiion has to stop

that is why.. if CONGRESS PASSES A BILL... mandatory 10-20% cut. to all public govt city employees..

i really want to see how many employees quit and say their skills can get them a better salary in the private sector.. my guess is NONE..

#11     Sep 15, 2011
  2. You do realize that there are a lot of these so called "slobs" who flip back and forth from public and private sector jobs. I know of a lot of "slobs" who couldn't stand their boring, cushy slob jobs anymore and reverted back to the private sector where they fealt more appreciated and more motivated. As the saying goes, the grass is always greener on the other side.

#12     Sep 15, 2011
  3. joneog

joneog

After 5 minutes in the DMV or Post Office my general misanthropy becomes borderline pathological.

Honestly, I'd prefer they get paid minimum wage to sit at home and do nothing. Of course, that would increase their potential for procreation, which could be worse.

#13     Sep 15, 2011