Greece strikes turn violent

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by benwm, Jun 15, 2011.

1. DT-waw

DT-waw

yeah italian is good, one of the best
    i think indian and japanese are also great.

Italians have a common trait: they are usually happy and enjoy life. see berlusconi :D

spain and portugal people? always seemed to me, they are sad or thinking god knows about what.

#21     Jun 16, 2011
  2. AK100

AK100

You can't win if you're a bit of crockery in Greece can you?

They'll smash you to bits when they're happy and they'll also smash you to bits when unhappy!

#22     Jun 16, 2011
  3. AK100

AK100

This is what you get when the politicians promise the state workers everything but can't deliver.

Wonder if the state workers in other countries will soon start to get restless when they realise many of the promises might be broken, or should I say will be forced to be broken........

#23     Jun 16, 2011
  4. zdreg

zdreg

what is there to wonder? people who have a sense of entitlement act the same way wherever they are. government bureaucrats are the same everywhere. the only difference is in poor countries they have to be bribed for everything. in rich countries they are harder to bribe because they are overpaid. e.g. in the US post workers make 2 to 3x meat factory workers when fringe benefits are inc.

there already have been demonstrations by government workers in the state of Wisconsin.

#24     Jun 16, 2011
  5. as678

as678

Spending within one's means is THE MOST IMPORTANT change Americans can make at this point. Of course it would put a lot of credit card companies out of business and their employees would have to go find jobs that actually do something productive. In the long run this is the best option. Spending within one's means. ++

#25     Jun 17, 2011