Greece is the 1st to fall in the establishment of the 4th Reich?

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Grandluxe, Oct 27, 2011.

1. Well, have you seen German GDP recently?

#21     Oct 28, 2011
  2. Humpy

Humpy

You would think the rest of the Europeans would have got the measure of the Germans by now. After starting 2 world wars the third and last should be easier. The eggheads say that the second murder is easier than the first.

Greece and co. were quite happy as they were BFORE some idiot dropped them into the Eurozone trap. Now they are squealing like pigs . The German jackboot is once more firmly on their necks ! Financial restrictions to be followed by military ones later when they fail to jump the economic hurdle.

Some people never learn. If survival of the fittest becomes the norm then perhaps they deserve their fate ! How many times can you rescue incompetent losers !!

#22     Oct 28, 2011
  3. C6H12O6

C6H12O6

You might have an interesting point of view.
    So you mean that Germany has the right to
    -be the first to break the Maastricht rules years ago, and now ask others to respect the rules.
    -cheat banking stress test
    -exacerbate (if not create) the euro crisis in the last 2 years
    -insult every other european country
    -design a EFSF to screw other european countries
    -oppose to having a normal central bank with the bazooka
    because now they export crappy cars to China and have a 1% more in GDP ?
    Well, welcome to the Disunited States of Europe.

#23     Oct 28, 2011
  4. Nah, it's not 'cause of that.

Have you seen a graph of labor productivity in Germany vs other European coutries? Also, what was the retirement age in Germany again?

I am not suggesting that the Germans are all warm and fuzzy, but surely to blame them for all Europe's problems is a bit nuts.

#24     Oct 28, 2011
  5. Either Germany saves the day or we can all go back hating the Germans like before.

A real win win isnt it.

#25     Oct 28, 2011
  6. Not that it matters, but using the phrase "how x works" is not the same as saying "x is a well-functioning thing". It was just meant to say that this is the dynamic of a currency union, which if you read the first link, where I posted how I thought the euro would end, would have clued you in to what the second link was about: in a utopian world, currencies would be a lot more local than they are, the exact opposite of what your standard-issue economist thinks.

#26     Oct 28, 2011
  7. TGregg

TGregg

Guess the other "european countries" were either just too stupid to know which end is up or too damn lazy to read the docs, is that what you claim? I mean, it's not like Germany rolled in a Panzer division to get them all to sign up, shit they were begging to join.

Curious that you also mentioned:

when you did just that.

#27     Oct 28, 2011
  8. C6H12O6

C6H12O6

Did other countries have any choice ? I don't think so.

Mod I don't mean to offend anybody here, however, just in case I did it, there's a difference: I'm a nobody on an internet forum, not a top german politician, live on TV.

Anyway I'm starting to get scared, I fear that this is just the beginning of the end, relationships between european countries will be much, much, worse than this.

#28     Oct 29, 2011
  9. Humpy

Humpy

It looks suspiciously like a re-run of the 1980s. Stupid politicians pumping money into the system and racing against the George Soros's pulling it out.

Well they can always send someone "cap in hand" to China - " please sir can we have some of our money back " !!

Makes ya spit

:mad:

#30     Oct 29, 2011