Greece Bondholders May Lose $265 Billion as S&P Sees 70% Loss

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by ASusilovic, Apr 28, 2010.

1. Better hurry. Obama wants Puerto Rico to become the 51st state before the November elections.... to pick up 2 more Senate Democrat seats.

#11     Apr 28, 2010
  2. No choice sell the entire country to turkey

#12     Apr 28, 2010
  3. I think they don't want it to happen anywhere in the 1st world because if Greece defaults completely, exactly what you want to see, people around the world see what happens. And I don't think very much. Some short-term discomfort, but from what I know (never having been to Greece) the average Grecian (?) doesn't rely too much on world finance. Life would go on.

And if people around the world see that their 1st world country can just walk away from it's debts and nothing terrible really happens, can you imagine the hell that would break loose as voters around the world start clamoring for their respective gov't to abandon its debts?

In the court of world opinion, what of the raping the 1st world gives the 3rd world when they can't repay their debts? Good Christ, the industrial might of the few solvent 1st world nations that maintained their debt payments, combined with the raw manpower that 3rd world countries can afford to send to slaughter would bring a brutal and bloody war the likes of which couldn't be fathomed by the worst nightmares of Heinlein or Kafka or Orwell.

No, let's help Greece borrow a few ducats.

#13     Apr 28, 2010
  4. !......It's "greek" to you. :eek: :confused: :(

#14     Apr 28, 2010
  5. The race is on......then Cuba, Greece, Portugal, Iceland, North Korea, Argentina.......:D :confused: :eek: :cool:

#15     Apr 28, 2010
  6. At least a dozen countries have undergone sovereign default in the past 15 years. At least a couple of which had much more meaningful economies than does Greece.

What do you expect to learn?

(Serious question, not being snarky)

#16     Apr 28, 2010