Greece Bailout Spec?

Discussion in 'Forex' started by Gcapman, Mar 14, 2010.

1. do you take everything, everyone says literally? :)

(He meant that's who he thinks is next.)

#11     Mar 14, 2010
  2. Gcapman

Gcapman

3. WTF is going on over there? I think a 5th grader could run that place.

Bernanke would be perfect. Send a cargo plane over with him and his printer inside.

#13     Mar 15, 2010
  4. achilles28

achilles28

Bailout is a lock.

Germany and France can't risk/afford contagion.

Everything else is just theater. Maximize "uncertainty" to force stragglers to cut their budgets.

#14     Mar 15, 2010
  5. Gcapman

Gcapman

Charts don't lie

It ain't gonna happen the right way -- just like the fucked up communication from the EU, the bailout or loan guarantee or whatever is going to be perceived as bullshit!

#15     Mar 15, 2010
  6. achilles28

achilles28

I doubt it. Europe has nothing to gain by letting Greece fail.

All the stalling and ambiguity is meant to scare Greece and the rest into tabling their own cuts. Euro formed a nice bottom at 1.35. Markets are always slow to react, and irrational.

That's how money is made, remember?

#16     Mar 15, 2010
  7. To join the EU, Greece had to show deficit of <3% of GDP. Once in the EU, they go crazy with "borrow and spend"... then whine because, "our spending is overwhelming tax receipts" and need a bailout. Duh, you think?

Ever hear of a BALANCED FRICKIN' BUDGET?? :mad:

#17     Mar 15, 2010
  8. achilles28

achilles28

I'd love to see Greece and the rest of the PIGS get flushed. Panic could spread quick, tho. Everyone has an interest in keeping this confidence game alive. Until then, i expect an ECB/IMF bailout with a france-german backstop.

#18     Mar 15, 2010
  9. Gcapman

Gcapman

Consensus seems to be that there is no intended bailout but rather loan guarantees......

Charts seem to corroborate this theory

Expect a nasty USD short squeeze if this becomes factual

I get the feeling that the EU does not want to get into the habit of bailing out every fucking member if they can't keep their internal finances in check -- just kick them the fuck out!!!!

#19     Mar 15, 2010
  10. Gcapman

Gcapman

It's still kinda sick when you think of how many countries you could have bailed out instead of bailing out Wall Street with $700BN.....

#20     Mar 15, 2010