Greece Accepts Terms of EU-Led Bailout, ‘Savage’ Cuts

Discussion in 'Economics' started by cstfx, May 2, 2010.

1. This could also be a reason for the US market to rally on Monday.

#11     May 2, 2010
  2. If you are aware of this :

[​IMG]

you pretty fast understand why Greece needed a "bailout"...

#12     May 2, 2010
  3. Because transfer payments make the(m)asses docile.

#13     May 2, 2010
  4. Illum

Illum

We sure the Greeks will go along? Then can overthrow this govt. Lets be honest who would shocked if there was an orange revolution style shut down of the country? They seem to dislike bankers a bit. And will Merkel survive this?

I am prone to hyperbole but I saw some Greeks not just protesting but forming up lines and marching head on into cops beating at them. Take note of the ferocity of that. A little different than the barrage of phone calls our fearless leaders ignored. And forget our conspiracies of corruption the Greeks have their own and feel they are being robbed. Bankers think this is all wrapped up and finished..Hmm..

#14     May 2, 2010
  5. i could be wrong about it. any corrections are welcome.

i remember there were student protests with cars burning in 2008 in greece. the students were not happy that the government was going to stop the practice of "endless students" (i think the students were getting paid to be a student ad infinitum).

in the end the students just had to shut up and the government did what it intended to do. so violent protests do not imply the protesters will get what they want.

#15     May 2, 2010
  6. That's more or less what I'm getting at.

Europeans are quite a bit less passive than Americans - I'm a little surprised a leader hasn't sprung up to take advantage of the situation.

#16     May 2, 2010
  7. S2007S

S2007S

No such thing as the reset button or failure anymore. Bailouts, stimulus, liquidity injections, asset bubbles and propping up everything and anything is the only way they know how to keep an economy from collapsing.

#17     May 2, 2010
  8. Digs

Digs

Do they expect greece to pay this back ... cause that is not going to happen..

A larger crash is postponed for the future...

#18     May 2, 2010