Greatness, Misery, Greatness, Next?

Discussion in 'Sports' started by tango29, Jun 18, 2021.

1. tango29

tango29

I had enough of the Brett Favre saga years ago, and I am well past giving a crap about Aaron Rogers showing up, but more so I am going to snap having to see and and hear about him and the Packers. I grew up with Lombardi era, suffered through 25 years of a horror show, then Favre, Ron Wolfe and Holmgren greatness, followed by the Rogers era.
    I love watching the guy play, and he is near perfect because he doesn't take the chances Favre did, and sometimes he cost a game because he didn't want to spoil his completion/interception ratio. Enough from both sides it is just adding to my reasons for watching less sports related programming then ever.
    3 - 3.5 hour baseball, no thanks. Basketball with 5 steps not getting a travel call, or 8-10 if you are a superstar, and the flopping, no thanks. I do love soccer and no commercial breaks, but do get ticked off at the chronic floppers. I think if they get the flop call the guy called should be able to go over and really drill him to make it worth the free kick.
    Yes I saw my 15th story today about so and so's opinion of the Rogers' drama fest, and I snapped. No I don't read or listen to them, but it is still f^*@ing stupid.
    Ok, rant done and I'm done for the week, and it was a really good week. Thank you unelected Fed officials for constantly thinking you need to go on the air and express your opinions, you have me close to full retirement.

2. Overnight

Overnight

One thing I like about Rogers is when the camera focuses on his eyes during the snap...He just seems so laissez-faire about the whole game. He's just peering around him with total aloofness, no emotion. I love that!

He'd prolly be a good day-trading robot, heh.