Greatest Daytrader(s) in the world

Discussion in 'Trading' started by WmWaster, Jun 6, 2006.

1. #11     Jun 11, 2006
  2. honestly, let me discuss this further:

this person is absolutely the most succesful trader i have ever met, bar none. if that is not success in your book, im sure you are wasting your time on this message board.

through the years, working at Deutsche Bank, Archipelago, prop firms, i have seen many people who were traders, MANY. many more than many of you have. this individual has the proven results that i describe above, and i call that success with a capital S.

are you telling me you are doing better?

i can tell from your attitude and your attendance here that you most certainly are not. give respect where it is due.

#12     Jun 11, 2006
  3. also, you are kidding yourself if you think that the far extants of the bell-curve would ever post here. you will never hear from those people.

i am talking about someone who i know in person and i know its for real. how many of those are they?

trust me he would never, NEVER, post here. you all know this.

#13     Jun 11, 2006
  4. NKNY

NKNY

What does he trade...futures of nasd stocks..?

#14     Jun 11, 2006
  5. I'm not saying the guy's not successful. He sounds great. But, I would contend that he is probably not even close to the best trader in the world. Also, I'm pretty sure the question in the initial post of this thread specified that the answer should not be someone you know personally.

[edit] Alright so it says not someone unknown. I guess you could read that as meaning it has to be someone you know instead of it can't be someone no one has heard of.

#15     Jun 11, 2006
  6. oh so now you are interested? ;)

#16     Jun 11, 2006
  7. you've got to work harder for information like that than you are doing right now.

it took me years to deduce his system.

i have no information for you.

#17     Jun 11, 2006
  8. taowave

taowave

If you have to ask a question like that,perhaps you should think before you post......

If you are going to question someone,at least make the question worthwhile....

Perhaps you may want to ask what the returns are,how much capital is being traded,what sort of leverage is being employed and what the various risk adjusted returns are...

At the hedge fund i work at ,the best traders at the firm only produce apx 6 million bucks per year.But they have had only 2 losing days in the last year...It is true that we have other traders who dwarf their production,but nobody I know of on this planet can replcate their risk adjusted returns.

By your standards they arent hugely succesful,but by any other standard they are probably the best traders on this planet...

#18     Jun 11, 2006
  9. I'm sure you wont find too many "day" traders that make more than $5,000,000/year (assumes no overnights, strictly intraday)

#19     Jun 11, 2006
  10. TheFinn

TheFinn

Paul Rotter is the best trader I've ever heard of. I don't know that his success can be duplicated, though.

#20     Jun 11, 2006