Great Year So Far, But Am I Just Lucky?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by dilly323, Mar 23, 2008.

1. DHOHHI

DHOHHI

Good job.

Don't get cocky though.

You're not going to find ETFC and BSC opportunities all the time. But if that's part of your style then be patient and don't force things until you see what you're looking for in an entry.

PS Ignore the comments from "cold" -- the guy seems to do nothing but post, post and post some more. I doubt he even trafes.

#11     Mar 23, 2008
  2. dilly323

dilly323

Would I need to do anything special to use my track record as evidence? My broker is IB, if that matters.

Sorry, I'm aware it's a noob question..

thanks,
    Dilly323

#12     Mar 23, 2008
  3. I dont think so. Just print out copies. Check out the Trader Feed blog. There is some advice about prop firms. Goog Traderfeed, and prop firms and something should pop up.

I think taking 10,000 and turning it into over 60 is a very good accomplishment because like you said the pattern rule and your capital base is really tiny. in order to do it you have to be discplined and have good trading ideas.

#13     Mar 23, 2008
  4. dilly323

dilly323

Yah this is what concerns me. I know that market conditions are always changing, and this kind of volatility will not last forever. Someone in a chat channel went as far as calling it "1999 again".

So I hesitate to feel too cocky. I know that when the market cycle shifts, my strategies might turn against me.

Dilly323

#14     Mar 23, 2008
  5. Yeah, but it seems you are smart enough to know when that occurs.....so all you need to determine is the new strategies to deal with the changed/shifted market.

#15     Mar 23, 2008