Great Words From A Candidate

Discussion in 'Politics' started by jamis359, Feb 5, 2008.

1. Barack Obama is a great patriot. He loves this country and believes great things can happen if we just pull together and work for it. The sheer optimism towards America is a breathtaking contrast against the cynical pessimism that is fashionable now.

I think these words should go down as one of the great speeches of our time. It doesn't matter which Party or candidate you support; these are timeless words that ring true for all Americans.

=====

In the unlikely story that is America, there has never been anything false about hope. For when we have faced down impossible odds; when we've been told that we're not ready, or that we shouldn't try, or that we can't, generations of Americans have responded with a simple creed that sums up the spirit of a people.

Yes we can.

It was a creed written into the founding documents that declared the destiny of a nation.

Yes we can.

It was whispered by slaves and abolitionists as they blazed a trail toward freedom through the darkest of nights.

Yes we can.

It was sung by immigrants as they struck out from distant shores and pioneers who pushed westward against an unforgiving wilderness.

Yes we can.

It was the call of workers who organized; women who reached for the ballot; a President who chose the moon as our new frontier; and a King who took us to the mountaintop and pointed the way to the Promised Land.

Yes we can to justice and equality.
    Yes we can to opportunity and prosperity.
    Yes we can heal this nation.
    Yes we can repair this world.
    Yes we can.

And so tomorrow, as we take this campaign South and West; as we learn that the struggles of the textile worker in Spartanburg are not so different than the plight of the dishwasher in Las Vegas; that the hopes of the little girl who goes to a crumbling school in Dillon are the same as the dreams of the boy who learns on the streets of LA; we will remember that there is something happening in America; that we are not as divided as our politics suggests; that we are one people; we are one nation; and together, we will begin the next great chapter in America's story with three words that will ring from coast to coast; from sea to shining sea -

Yes. We. Can.

2. dinoman

dinoman

I like the guy and think he is a great speaker along with inspiring many. The worst part is his policies suck, so unfortunately I can't vote for him. If he had better policies he would get my vote.

3. but he wants CHANGE!!!! except all of his handlers are the same criminals behind the scenes that want to continue the status quo. obama has already said he would invade pakistan. he voted to continue the war. sometimes he just wouldnt show up to vote... like we wouldn't figure that out. his wife is CFR...

OBAMA is just more of the same elitist crap we see from the others. he is a puppet who is already bought and paid for... he answers to corporations and special interest while trying to placate the masses.

BEEN THERE DONE THAT !!!

4. Same here. He is LBJ in an appealing form. And as for that speech, isn't that "yes we can" line the catch phrase for the illegal immigrant activists?

Yes, we can violate the US' laws with impunity.

Yes, we can bankrupt your hospitals.

Yes, we can vote illegally in your elections and elect dirtbags.

Yes, we can drive down wages of working class Americans.

Yes, we can fill your prisons.

Yes, we can get social security benefits for ourselves and our huge families even though we were never in the system.

Yes, we can get more rights than native born white Americans the minute we stroll across the border.

Yes, we can cause your taxes to go up to build schools and hire teachers for our children.

Yes, we can ruin your cities and neighborhoods with our gangs.

Yes, we can, with the help of traitors like Bush, McCain, Clinton and Obama.

5. You friggin idiots already have the government you deserve.

People like you have all the work you can handle deciding whether to "supersize" your fast food order..:)

You ought to write your own names in then...

cause you guys are some heavy thinkers, thats for sure

6. dinoman

dinoman

I have a candidate I will vote for, but unfortunately he will not become president. I accept that fact. Its just to bad the majority of america is so easily swayed by the B.S. and doesn't take the time to actually research the records and facts.

It is a "free" country though, so they say.

We should rename our country to "United States of Beer Goggles".

7. I have to agree with your observation.

People don't like to take the time to research each candidates position.

Sometimes the candidates themselves make it hard to determine what their position is.

People can go to Obama's site and find out what his healthcare prop is

People can go to Hillary's site and get the same info

I think we have to ask ourselves whether there is a need for single site that compiles the positions of each candidate and compares them..(I don't know of one that does it accurately).

I have to say, calling any of the candidates "traitors" is characteristic of a person who is a fucking idiot, plain and simple.

8. I suppose that was directed at me. One of the few constitutional responsibilities of the federal government is to protect the country from invasion. So yes, I call any pol who refuses to perform that duty (Bush) or who would make matters even worse (McCain, Clinton, Obama) traitors and I don't apologise for it.