Great windows utility program

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by syswizard, Feb 26, 2007.

1. No it won't.....Despite the 50 million lines of code, Windows XP is pretty "stupid". It doesn't even know you are running a realtime piece of software for instance.

It rarely, if EVER, does this....especially if you have a modern CPU. It's an emergency-only situation.

But they did not design windows for realtime usage in mind.
    Just test it for a few days....that makes sense, right ? I've been at realtime for 2 weeks...no crashes, no problems. Quotes and charts were current even yesterday afternoon.

#11     Feb 28, 2007
  2. Again, the author has no experience with trading software....I discussed that with him. He made a huge mistake in making a "category" named as "CD Burner" IMHO. There are many other programs that fit into that category....including realtime charting/quotes as well as process control software.
    Again, trial-and-error is the best approach for something like this.

#12     Feb 28, 2007
  3. promagma

promagma

Using a priority app has made a huge difference in my machine, especially when multitasking with trading apps, development apps and mysql server. You just have to be smart with it .... trading apps at "high", mysql at "idle", "explorer.exe" at high etc.

I use this program - it is freeware (donation ware)

www.bitsum.com/prosuper.asp

If you are filling up your RAM, "FreeRam XP Pro" helps a lot. Don't use the default settings. Only free memory if available memory is zero, and then free maybe 50MB. This is a more proactive approach than Windows. Now, I just wish there was an app to proactively page into memory, if there is free memory and the CPU is idle. Really should get more RAM though :p

#13     Feb 28, 2007
  4. nkhoi

nkhoi

#14     Feb 28, 2007
  5. Hi Folks

Anybody know of any free utility for backing up / restoring windows registery files.

Thanks for your help

Lotsofloot

#15     Mar 4, 2007
  6. #16     Mar 5, 2007
  7. Catoosa

Catoosa

This looks like just what I have been looking for, lean and mean too. Does what is needed and no more.

Catoosa

#17     Mar 5, 2007