Great Traders of the 20th Century

Discussion in 'Trading' started by drobin, Jun 17, 2005.

1. toby400

toby400

Gosh - I wish I could make 2000 pips a week on my fxcm simulator:p

#21     Jun 20, 2005
  2. It's a live account, heh.

And it's not fxcm :p

#22     Jun 20, 2005

3. did it look like this?

[​IMG]

#23     Jun 20, 2005
  4. I'd like to speak to any of the great traders who would speak to me :D All of them have something great to learn from

#24     Jun 20, 2005
  5. I met someone once who spoke to me, I mean really spoke to me. I would like to meet that person again.

We all have our weaknesses within, and no matter how much Ego gets in the way, we know the truth.

The trader or mentor has discovered this and works with it. I believe it is a "calling" in a way.

When its all over, what really matters?

Read about Solomon and his conclusions....If I had to choose, I would like to meet him, I think...or the Apostle Peter, perhaps. Wow, then there is Job...Well then there was Moses...doing his own thing and building that ark ...wow can you imagine the public scorn...he is crazy...he is a lunatic, I can just hear it now...I would like to meet Moses too.

Its the visions and the window to your soul....that matters. Dig deep traders! and good trading to you.

Michael B.

#25     Jun 20, 2005
  6. still think marc rich is the greatest trader in the world (or at least in recent times) there is so much mystery about him. no one knows what he is doing or how much he makes, unlike many traders today who are in the public eye all the time. when in zug i always hope to be introduced to him one day.

as for the more conventional traders in the public eye: soros (the soros of yesteryear) is the greatest, his killing against the pound will go down as the greatest trade of all time.

most hedge fund managers today would not have the conviction for a trade like that it would upset their sharpe ratio & capm!

#26     Jun 21, 2005
  7. Without a doubt it would have to be Stevie Cohen

#27     Jun 24, 2005
  8. yeah...him too...agreed. :)

#28     Jun 24, 2005
  9. rubberbird :p

#29     Jun 24, 2005
  10. BSAM

BSAM

Hugh Hefner, who had (and apparently still does have) a great career in trading one woman for another. Why?---We have similar interests.

And of course we can't forget my second choice: Grob109. :D

#30     Jun 24, 2005