Great Traders Have no Morals

Discussion in 'Trading' started by retire45, Apr 1, 2008.

1. Mvic

Mvic

Now that you mention it wierd did look a bit weird :D

#31     Apr 1, 2008
  2. The funny thing about it is I just posted weird as wierd in another thread, and said "that doesn't look right", and quickly changed it.

Then I come here, and see wierd again.:D It made me go check the damn dictionary.

#32     Apr 1, 2008
  3. First of all it’s the internet so it’s assumed you did well today and every day. Secondly it’s the internet so it’s assumed you retired at 45 or earlier. There is no reason to state those ehh hemm facts or put it in a screen name except for the amusement of others.

Next: Just because you trade some dog shit home builder when its way to early to step in and buy it for an investment does not mean you are some how undermining the morals of the market. There are a lot of different players in the field all in different games.

Next: You have no idea who bought those shares of CALM or why they bought them. Maybe they were buying to cover a short. Maybe they were buying vs. puts they owned. Maybe it was part of a pair’s trade. For a guy that wants to imply he knows how “Wall St works” you’ve not demonstrated much understanding.

Finally who the heck are you to judge what the moral playing field is?

#33     Apr 1, 2008
  4. Oh Boy...

Quite a few here assumed I was some short in despair.. That's the assumption every time someone makes any counter-market comments..

As of my handle.. that's a goal of mine.. period. And there are several definitions for retirement..

Slowly getting to know this ET village.

Bedtime here..

#34     Apr 1, 2008
  5. pneuma

pneuma

#36     Apr 1, 2008
  6. We practically have a gun to our heads now.. Short and you're dead! even though it is the right thing to do today.... This morning a prime example. As brazen as things get!

In the long run this could set a VERY negative precedent if "they" succeed.

#37     Apr 4, 2008
  7. Big deal if you want to be short then be short there is no moral argument against it.

#38     Apr 4, 2008
  8. HUH ? jibberish :D :D :D

#39     Apr 6, 2008