Great Traders Have no Morals

Discussion in 'Trading' started by retire45, Apr 1, 2008.

1. THE point is Morals means doing what is generally believed to be "right" OR not participating in what you don't believe. I'm not holier than thou.. I did fine long today.. just that I can't honestly tell my Mom to buy Ryland today..

Maybe I have solved my confusion.. Warren Buffet probably buys stocks/markets when it definitely doesn't seem "right"...

#11     Apr 1, 2008
  2. LOL this thread.

Where do I begin?

The list is endless ...

But please, don't let me stop you. Feel free to get back up on your soapbox.

#12     Apr 1, 2008
  3. Ahh! That was my point.. You can't worship 2 Masters.

#13     Apr 1, 2008
  4. Believe it or not, this really is just another illusion ... it's fascinating the things that human beings can come up with just by using (or not) their mind ...

#14     Apr 1, 2008
  5. Lucrum

Lucrum

My sentiments exactly.

#15     Apr 1, 2008
  6. Absolutely true. I couldn't agree with you more...

#16     Apr 1, 2008
  7. Aok

Aok

So you've never looked at a woman other than your wife or gf and thought about banging her?

Oh, thats different. Because its your dick right?

Let me tell you something. The Dali Lama is just a trouble maker in orange robes. How does he eat? Who supports him? What is his gainful employment?

Bottom line: If you took all the $ in the world and divided it evenly, in less than 20 years the people who had it originally would have it again. Probably less time.

Thats about as benignly amoral as you can get.

No one forces you to take the other side of the trade or anything else in life.

You're not really naive enough to believe we're living in a democracy are you?

Caveat emptor

#17     Apr 1, 2008
  8. LOL. Ok, if you want to equate making (or losing) money with morality that is your decision. Whatever you believe will be true for you. Thanks to God for free will.

#18     Apr 1, 2008
  9. WTF is this dogshit?
    It goes beyond illogical.

#19     Apr 1, 2008
  10. Yeah, someone had a bad trading day and needed to vent. It has turned into an interesting thread though...

#20     Apr 1, 2008