Great traders cheat on their wives

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by pumpanddumper, Apr 1, 2008.

1. Think about it. A good trader make money in up and down and sideways markets.

They have a wife but are diversified with other women for pleasure and variety. Have to diversify right?

They never get attached to their trades just like you never get attached to women cause they'll burn you sooner or later. Maybe even divorce you and take half just like that buy and hold strategy that never seems to work.

A good trader may also be slightly bi-polar too. He's hot and cold and up and down. He's bearish one day and bullish the next, always changing just like the market.

They don't get greedy. They cut losses on bad trades. Just like they'll dump a mistress or girlfriend on the side when they become too dependent or high maintenance. They'll dump that position and profit and be out before it gets too thick....

2. pump and dump?

londonkid likes this.
  3. thank u. another reason for me to never get married :)

4. another thing is, trading provides very flexible hours and makes it easier to have dessert while the main course is out doing her nails or working.

5. Quote from pumpanddumper:

Think about it. A good trader make money in up and down and sideways markets. They have a wife but are diversified with other women for pleasure and variety. Have to diversify right?

No, but you appear to be a social maladroit. Suppose you found out the wife you love had the same opinion. Suppose your Dad dumped your mom because he was as clueless as you are. I am sure your words would be comforting

They never get attached to their trades just like you never get attached to women cause they'll burn you sooner or later. Maybe even divorce you and take half just like that buy and hold strategy that never seems to work.

Sounds like you are surrounded with women as empty as you are. I see few men or women with your attitude who will find happiness.

They don't get greedy. They cut losses on bad trades. Just like they'll dump a mistress or girlfriend on the side when they become too dependent or high maintenance. They'll dump that position and profit and be out before it gets too thick....

Hope that someone as shallow as you never gets foisted upon a wife. if so, I hope she dumps you quickly, before she finds out that you are damaged goods.

6. I knew there was a happily married trader out there!

Lighten up...forgot to put (sarcasm) and smily faces after the joke.:) :) :)

7. dinoman

dinoman

WTF??????????????

Please send me some of your drugs!

8. Probably only discretionary traders ;)

lawrence-lugar likes this.
  9. Nothing wrong with a speculative "trade" or two, on the side. but don't blow up your "account"! Always respect the fundamentals, and appreciate your core holdings.

and, get out at first sign of trouble:D

10. Redneck

Redneck

Last thing any trader worth a shit wants is extraneous turmoil / distractions / BS

======================

Resurrecting a thread from the dead - sweet

RN

#10     Dec 30, 2015
    nursebee and londonkid like this.