Great system time tested but I need CODING help!!

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by truetrend, Oct 15, 2005.

1. I have a KISS system I use to trade the ES Eminis for the last 5 years. It is really unreal, but I want to code it and backtest certain aspects of it to maximize my returns. Should i get in when the signal hits or for example if it is a short, at teh begining of the 1st down candle after the signal? Is my exit strategy maximizing gains or would slight tweaks improve my #s.

I am willing to share the system with whomever helps to code and backtest it, under certain parameters. I have the indicator coded into esignal and would perfer the work to be in esignal despite its limitations, although I am not stuck with that.

If you are interested please let me know. I have been trading OPM for 8 years, 5 of whch I have used this system. It really does kick ass.

TT

2. mindfull

mindfull

Have TS 2000i and ES data. How can I help?

3. I think he said wants coding in esignal (despite it's
    limitations) after testing it whether with TS2000i
    (obsolete) or any other software...

Truetrend,
    If your system have been really a kickass, then try
    paying some pro system developer worth for $300
    or more (don't look for free), who have access and
    knowledge to various best tools, data and can do
    a perfect job on this.

4. Problem with that is every "pro" coder I talk to, I get the feeling they are just going to turn around and sell any system they get that is decent to a hedge fund. Im willing to work with someone out of the biz that trades for themself. Someone that will sign off that they will not use the system to trade any funds but their own personal funds, nor disclose the system to anyone, resell it or use it to trade OPM or open a fund or while in the employ of a fund. Pro coders for the most part are looking for product to sell or use for the above reasons.

I might be wrong but its hard to get a recommendation for a coder that is above board.

5. mindfull

mindfull

Sounds like quite a conundrum. It maybe best to get a coder not related to the industry. Another consideration is that pattern based systems can be very hard to code. Your handle truetrend reminds me of Joe Ross' true trend method which can be tricky to code. He has many patterns like that and it is difficult to verify quickly.

Rgds
    ps. BTW, if it takes me more than 20 minutes to code the setup and trigger, its 'too tricky to code'. Us old guys just don't have the gumption to stay up all night. :)

6. one of best things you can do is not sharing target price and stop losses with programer and just adjust them when you recieved the code.

they hardly can seel a strategy withought Target and stop prices

7. Frankly truetrend,
    If you would understand more about "coding", you (probably) also might have a more sound understanding about the fickleness of human supposed "brain power": i.e. how do you know that your pattern based system truly works if you are (probably) not able to rigorously express what it is supposed to do?

hph
    nononsense

8. I want to thank everyone for their input and offers to help code. I have received over 50 pm inquires. I will go through all that I have got and pick someone in the next few days. Please be patient and I promise everyone will get a response by Friday night, even if I do not pick you. Once again thanks for your time and I will be in touch.

TT

9. tomhaden

tomhaden

Please let us know how the back-testing works out (i.e. Do the back-test results match your trading results)

10. I think it's the conditions part (Setup and entry) that
    are more important, not target and stop loss.

If Pro system trader have your setup and entry condition,
    he can build a system around it and may find parameters
    for best target and stop loss.

#10     Oct 18, 2005