Great story for you gun control nuts out there

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Maverick74, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Lucrum

Lucrum

Which is what?

#11     Feb 23, 2011
  2. If you're a gun owner in one of these facist states like NY or NJ, you shouldn't tell anyone you own a gun. Not your parents, not your siblings, not your wife. What business is it of theirs anyway?

Then they won't be tempted to "protect" you by ratting you out to the thugs running your local government.

For those dimwits out there who are always asking why gun enthusiasts fight against"reasonable" gun control, this is your answer. The government cannot be trusted not to misuse laws to persecute innocent law-abiding people.

Thank goodness for a stand-up guy like Governor Christie.

#12     Feb 23, 2011
  3. He was convicted of a crime for which he was sentened to 7 years in prison.

That conviction was not overturned, the sentence was commuted, so he has a criminal record.

That he didn't have a conviction at the time of the arrest and conviction was part of the sentence...and Christies own personal opinion of the crime was that the sentence was underserved...but Christie did not pardon him, he commuted the sentence. He is an ex con.

#13     Feb 23, 2011
  4. Lucrum

Lucrum

:D :D LOL That's what I thought you were going to say but I wanted to make sure. Yes NOW he is an ex con with a record BUT
    "Aitken, who had no criminal background..."
    refers to his lack of a criminal back ground PRIOR to being arrested and convicted for having three unloaded handguns safely locked in a secure case in the trunk of his car.

You know for a guy who (erroneously) thinks he's impressing everyone with his pseudo BS intellectualism you're sure not very bright. Try reading a little slower next time trollZz.

#14     Feb 23, 2011
  5. His having no criminal background had what impact on his arrest, conviction and his current status as an ex con?

That's what makes the story so laughable, just becaues his sentenced was commuted doesn't change his fellonious crime, or status as an ex con.

Figured someone dim enough would fall into that easy trap...

You be workn so hard to try and score a point, you be missin the score...

Of course the demented right doesn't care if he is an ex con, they didn't care that Ollie North was a criminal, that Scooter Libby was a criminal, etc., etc., etc.

They celebrate the criminals...

#15     Feb 23, 2011
  6. lsd47

lsd47

The last sentence of the article tells everything important about the three stories.

As for the judge that sentenced Aitken, he’s no longer on the bench. Gov. Christie declined to renew his appointment.

#16     Feb 23, 2011
  7. That's politics.

Membership does have its privileges.

I look at the fat man Christie, listen to him, and damn if he doesn't seem like a Mayor of Chicago.

#17     Feb 23, 2011
  8. Lucrum

Lucrum

Ah so you just don't know the difference between has and had.

I tell you what Art/Optional/ZZZZzzzzzz you go on trying to argue you didn't just make a fool of yourself. I'm going to have a glass of wine and go to bed.

Oh, and you misspelled felonious and because.

#18     Feb 23, 2011
  9. Now you have been reduced to a spell checker...

Oh my, some people do make life easy...

Keep thinking I made a fool of myself, it assures that you will make the same mistake, over, and over, and over, and over again...

#19     Feb 23, 2011
  10. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

dude, what are you talking about? the guy HAD NO CRIMINAL RECORD PRIOR TO THIS. what part of that dont you get?

#20     Feb 24, 2011