Great story for you gun control nuts out there

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Maverick74, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Maverick74

Maverick74

2. pspr

pspr

I don't think I would be so passive. There is a bit of an extremist lurking in the back of my mind that would probably be unleashed under those circumstances. It's motto is, 'Don't get mad, get even'.

3. Ricter

Ricter

What would the story be if he went on a shooting spree and the signs of his stress had been ignored?

4. pspr

pspr

So, you are saying everyone owning a gun and under stress should be jailed?

5. ==============
    Surely NOT;
    NJ also is a VERY high tax state. No wonder high taxes seem to go hand in glove with more state control. Searched his car with out permission................................................................:cool:

6. Ricter

Ricter

I learned long ago there is always three sides to a story, your side, his side, and the truth. I suspect this conviction, the result of a jury trial, stems from information we don't have but the jurors did have.

7. pspr

pspr

It seems from the story that there was also some information that the judge suppressed.

8. Lucrum

Lucrum

ALL the information anyone needs is right there in the story. The judge is an idiot.

9. Assuming you are not an extremist and entirely opposed to any form of gun control, what is your reasonable plan, given we are living in 2011, and not 1789, for controlling the improper use of firearms?

10. Did a quick read on the article:

Convicted last year in New Jersey of illegally transporting firearms, Aitken spent four months in state prisons before Republican Gov. Chris Christie commuted his seven-year sentence to “time served” and let him go free. Now that he’s out, Aitken, once an aspiring entrepreneur, is a professional libertarian activist.

In January 2009, the 25-year-old found himself in handcuffs when Burlington County police discovered three unloaded handguns safely locked in a secure case in the trunk of his Honda Civic while he was moving his belongings to a new apartment in Hoboken. Aitken, who had no criminal background

No criminal background...false, he has a criminal background. His case was not overturned...his sentence was commuted as he was in prison for breaking the law...laughable article.

Commutation
    # A commutation is similar to a pardon except that it only reduced the punishment, it does not forgive the conviction. For example, if you have been sentenced to life in prison, the governor can commute your sentence to 10 years in prison.

http://www.ehow.com/about_6171100_can-clean-criminal-record_.html

#10     Feb 23, 2011