Great Salmon Recipes

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by bearice, Jan 5, 2011.

1. did you ever actually try to smoke a salmon?

gets the rolling paper all scaly & soggy :D

#11     Jan 5, 2011
  2. Badoit

Badoit

I don't know where to get it in the states, but you guys should try fillets of smoked salmon if you haven't already

- fry 3 mins skinside, 4 mins other side over a light/medium heat. Serve with fine "french" beans and minted new potatoes (both covered in butter + sea salt) and a rocket + Parmesan salad. Whenever I cook it (about once every 2/3 weeks) I buy a second fillet just for me and eat two :)

Serve with (plenty of) chilled white wine and enjoy!

PS as for "regular" smoked salmon, smoked trout i think is more flavoursome and cheaper. Hot smoked salmon is also pretty delicious.

#12     Jan 5, 2011
  3. covered in butter and salt= heart attack on a plate. it was a struggle but i have eliminated butter,sugar,salt, and white flower from our home. you get more than enough from the foods you buy.

#13     Jan 5, 2011
  4. Badoit

Badoit

Moderation in all things, my friend.

#14     Jan 5, 2011
    #15     Jan 5, 2011
  6. Badoit

Badoit

#16     Jan 5, 2011
    #17     Jan 5, 2011
  8. Badoit

Badoit

The stat about Heart disease, I can take at face value - but how do you infer that the French eat more fat than the Americans?

#18     Jan 5, 2011
  9. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is the whole paper research with more detail than the ScienceDaily article. But is the same study.

"The French eat what most people would consider a highly palatable diet,
    containing more total fat and saturated fat than the American diet
    (Drewnowski et al., 1996), and consume less of fat-reduced foods
    (Rozin, Fischler, Imada, Sarubin, & Wrzesniewski, 1999)."

http://www.ania.net/ania/ressources/documents/1/B1563w857O1DrLgEXC8OHFX7.pdf

#19     Jan 5, 2011
  10. Eating less saturated fat causes less damage but the damage is still there nonetheless.

#20     Jan 5, 2011