Great rate, great service, great attitude

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by Swan Noir, Sep 14, 2011.

1. While I love Deep Discount's commission structure -- cheap with lots of choices including truly professional grade data feeds -- frankly I would pay a small premium to use them.

Howard, the owner, has twice contacted me on the weekend to answer a question so I would be informed by the Sunday evening open. My experience here has spoiled me. I have used others -- including some big names -- and nothing compares.

#11     Sep 15, 2011
  2. ddouglas

ddouglas

I second the motion . . Crossland is an excellent FCM, & Howard responds very quickly if you ever need anything.

Nothing but high marks all-around.

#12     Sep 15, 2011
  3. emg

emg

Let me make one thing clear for small traders!

dirt cheap commission will get u lousy service. If u pay higher, will get u better service. That is because, part of the HUMAN NATURE. u pay higher to your single broker, he/she will give u the best service. Because, the broker will get a big check.

Why would a broker get a small check and give the best service ever?

Thinks small trader!! Think!!!!

I pay my broker high to get my best service. That is part of the human nature!

Don't u think??

#13     Sep 15, 2011
  4. emg,

Here's a story for you.

I have a book and assume you want to buy it. I have two vendors; one is my left hand who is going tohand you over the book for 10bucks. Now come see my right hand; its the same book for whoaa.. $100 bucks. Does that make my right hand a better vendor for you?

Where would you buy the book from?

That is not to say that cheapest is the best; but you cannot judge quality of service based on increasing cost.

-gariki

#14     Sep 15, 2011
  5. ddouglas

ddouglas

Ummm . . better yet, observe F**ing reality.

When selecting a broker, no one wants to hear your beliefs about how the world is supposed to work. They want to hear about FACT.

The fact is that DDT & Crossland is an excellent operation. That is my real-world experience from trading with them. Their service, data, and executions are superior to one of my former brokers that cost a great deal more.

(I'm sorry that this empirical fact contradicts your understanding of the world).

Now if you have something bad to say about DDT/Crossland, let's hear your facts. Not conjecture, opinion, or world-views.

Do you have an account with DDT? Have you received crappy service, bad executions, or bad data? If so, then let's hear a specific example.

If not, then don't go around trying to besmirch the reputation of a great firm for no reason.

#15     Sep 15, 2011

6. Don't knock it till you try it : http://www.deepdiscounttrading.com/TradingFirm.html

#16     Sep 17, 2011
  7. My entire life's experience is the exact opposite of the world you describe, emg. There is frequently no correlation -- and often an inverse correlation -- between price and quality/service.

If these guys called me and asked me if they could change one thing to make me happier with there service the only answer I could give them would be that maybe they would like to pay for my next vacation.

I'll say it one more time: Great rate, great service, great attitude.

Quote from emg:

Let me make one thing clear for small traders! dirt cheap commission will get u lousy service. If u pay higher, will get u better service. That is because, part of the HUMAN NATURE. u pay higher to your single broker, he/she will give u the best service. Because, the broker will get a big check. Why would a broker get a small check and give the best service ever? Thinks small trader!! Think!!!! I pay my broker high to get my best service. That is part of the human nature! Don't u think??

#17     Sep 17, 2011
  8. I like IB.

Options, Stocks, Futures, Forex.

One account.

Hard to beat.

FoN

#18     Sep 17, 2011
  9. opt789

opt789

How about a website that doesn’t look like a high school kid who got a C in computer class put it together over the weekend?

#19     Sep 17, 2011
  10. Yes ... IB is great. And their Universal Account offers the added protection of a sweep to an SIPC insured account every night which, for those without vry lage accounts is much better than segregation.

But Deep Discount has both options and futures -- enough for many traders -- and their day trade margins are much less demanding than IB. But, all and all, I have no quibble with those who are impressed with IB. And they really do make it possible to trade the world ... pretty much the whole world.

#20     Sep 17, 2011