Great prop shops for an experienced trader

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by minmike, Aug 22, 2006.

1. Hence the 100% vig. I assume they dangle that carrot to bring in biz, but assume nobody would be retarded enough to actually pay such a vig. I believe volpimp has talked about it on this thread.

#21     Aug 23, 2006
  2. Maverick74

Maverick74

I'm the one that made the intro for volpimp to Matt. I believe Matt made it clear to VP that they are a very aggressive intra-day trading firm. Sure, why not offer a 50% vig on overnights if you don't want guys to trade that way. Matt is not the place you are going to go to for longer term trading.

#22     Aug 23, 2006
  3. Agreed. 10:1 intraday is nothing to sneeze at. I think they'll do well.

#23     Aug 23, 2006
  4. I have a dumb question. When you're talking about overnight leverage, is this just the risk-based component? You pay brokers call on the entire debit balance since the securities have to be paid for, right?

#24     Aug 23, 2006
  5. Maverick74

Maverick74

No, the debit rate has nothing to do with leverage. The debit rate is what you pay for any debit balances in your account. The credit rate is what you receive for any credit balances in your account.

If you exceed your haircut allowance, you usually pay a capital charge for using any capital greater then your haircut.

#25     Aug 23, 2006
  6. I see you have this thread under control....good job...LOL.

Don :D

#26     Aug 24, 2006