Great prop shops for an experienced trader

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by minmike, Aug 22, 2006.

1. minmike

minmike

I'm intermediately experienced futures trader looking expand my strategy to stocks. Everyone talks about firms for Newbies, but what kind of firms are offering good deals for more experienced traders.

I need to trade remotely.
    I don't need much in the way of training other than how the software works.
    Capital isn't a concern. Planning on bringing over 50k, but will need overnight leverage around 10-1. ( I can explain to them why it is not as risky as it sounds.)

Other than that, just looking for best rates, reliability, etc.

Thanks

2. I think your 2 main options are Bright and Echo.

Don should be on the thread shortly for his contact info.

3. minmike

minmike

I forgot to mention I don't have an active series 7 is that required? I take it being on a Merc seat isn't an alternative?

4. Pabst

Pabst

I was waived on the series 7 a couple of times while holding a CBOT membership (even after I sold my seat). I believe it's up to the Exchange that your prop firm has membership. I would guess the CBOE to be the most liberal in that regard.

5. lindq

lindq

You're expecting 10:1 overnight leverage and just now expanding a futures strategy to equities?

Gosh, I can just imagine the prop shop managers breaking down your door to get to you! LOL.

I'm sure we can all forgive Don Bright if he doesn't rush out and Fedex an app to you.

6. Now taking bets that this is Maverick74's second account :D

7. Simplex will offer you 10:1 w/o a seven. Bit of a bitch at 100% carry on that haircut.

8. Maverick74

Maverick74

Nah, Simplex is all intra-day, black box stuff. I'm not sure this is what the poster is looking for.

9. I am 98% lindq is you. Just curious if my intuition is correct.

10. Maverick74

Maverick74

LOL. I thought you were joking. No, that is not me. I have no aliases on ET. Trust me, read some of my earlier posts. If I had aliases, I would have spread some of my more controversial shit around more with the other aliases. :D

#10     Aug 22, 2006