Great Point Capital Aptitude Test

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by FastandFurious, Dec 10, 2007.

1. Well, anyone has any thoughts on these tests? Has anyone here taken one before? Have to take one soon and just thought if I prepare for anything specific

2. 2 Vocabulary Analogies
    Some number sequences
    a few shapes, you identify correct shadow
    arithmatic
    identifying number of exact pairs in group of numbers
    a few flat pieces of paper with dotted lines, you choose matching 3D shape

15 minutes-50 questions

There really isn't anything you can do to prepare, you are either very fast or not. Sort of like the LSAT in a way.

3. [​IMG]

4. correct shadow?

3D Shape?

5. The are 3D shapes with a sun placed in the distance. You have to visualize what the shadow would look like projected off the object.

The other is a flat piece of paper with dotted lines to indicate fold marks. If you were to fold this piece of paper into an object, which shape would it be.

Seriously, the exam isn't too hard.

Just remember if you get stuck on something, move on because time is everything.

6. thanks for all the help. Did you work with Great Point? How did you like it?

7. I just passed the exam, interviewed with one of the partners. I declined the offer due to personal financial issues. With the school debt hanging over my head and six more months on my lease in Indiana, it's just not worth it right now for me.

8. there are only two vocab analogies? Can you tell me which ones? For financial reasons, are you speaking on that you have to provide your own capital? What is the compensation plan? Thanks for all the help!

9. um I can't remember the words at all.

You don;t need to provide any capital for the frim but they give you a $2,000/month draw that you have to pay back once you start making money.

I have student debt right along with every bill imaginable so the draw just isn't enough to ever keep me a float. Not to mention I'd spend 4 hours each day commuting which would just suck the life out of me. I'd rather study for the CFA.

10. ahhh, so it's like they give you the money now, but once you are profitable, you have to pay every single penny back. What if you quit afterwards? Do you have to give the draw money that you took?

#10     Dec 11, 2007