Great old threads about Gamma scalping

Discussion in 'Options' started by IV_Trader, May 8, 2006.

1. Lucky me ! I was able to recall/delete my post with correct answer when I saw the rest of the "reword"
    hahaha

#31     May 9, 2006
  2. Surely model frequency impacts on the replication error as per Ursa. In this instance you want a positive replication error > execution costs in addition to crystalizing the stat/implied differential. What am I missing?

#32     May 9, 2006
  3. Maverick74

Maverick74

There is actually two more reasons. :D

#33     May 9, 2006
  4. No there isn't dumas; there is one. :p

#34     May 9, 2006
  5. Maverick74

Maverick74

Nope, I can think of two more, although both are insignificant for the most part. No cookie for you! :D

#35     May 9, 2006
  6. I can think of one significant advantage [PnL impact] to trading the natural. Free XM satellite "xmtogo" portable to the winner.

#36     May 9, 2006
  7. Maverick74

Maverick74

Yes, so can I, the Dividend!!!!!!!!!!

There is another reason.

#37     May 9, 2006
  8. Replication?
    Crystalizing?

hehehe. I needed to read that twice. By replication I assume that you're referring to replicating stat-vol, but your last sentence seems to repeat. Please elaborate.

#38     May 9, 2006
  9. The dividend? Nope. There are occasions in which the impact is < model assumption, but that's not a proof. C'mon, this is easy. If you're right we should delete your post immediately.

#39     May 9, 2006
  10. it's very easy to back test both strategies and find out which one is better :
    1.Let the initial position (straddle/strangle) expire.
    2. Use stock for adjustments , always close intraday and keep separate PnL ( for stock only)
    3. If stock's PnL is negative at exp , the "adjustments free " strategy is better.
    Agree ?

#40     May 9, 2006