GREAT news out of California

Discussion in 'Economics' started by bond_trad3r, May 29, 2009.

1. LOL...nah, way before...that just sealed the deal with a kiss!:D

#11     May 29, 2009
  2. pspr

pspr

California is a BLUE state. Of course Obama and Congress will take care of them. Just like they are taking care of the UAW and Democratic donor dealerships at the expense of you and me.

#12     May 29, 2009
  3. And the GO's reflect exactly that.

#13     May 29, 2009
  4. This sounds similar to the "conundrum" that Greenspan experienced during 2004.

Quote: "I complained in June 2004 to Vincent Reihart, director of the Division of Monetary Affairs at the Federal Reserve Board. I was perturbed because we had increased the federal funds rate, and not only had yields on the ten-year treasury notes failed to rise, they'd actually declined." --excerpt from "The Age of Turbulence"

This is the opposite of the 2004 conundrum, which was at the beginning of a multi-year bull market. Caveat Emptor.

#14     May 29, 2009
  5. Isn't it interesting that Texas is no where near as interesting as a state? Me wonder...me wonder...

QUOTE]Quote from bond_trad3r:

Isn't it interesting that Texas does not have anywhere near these problems?? I wonder why :D :D [/QUOTE]

#15     May 29, 2009
  6. AC3

AC3

I was watching the local news in LA last night ... they are doing away with Summer School and closing several state parks to save a few dollars. Oh and by the way got my car registartion for this upcoming year up 76% over last year which was up 200% because of the last emergency .... in the words of Col Troutman "Its over Johnny.... Over!"

#16     May 29, 2009
  7. pspr

pspr

Just goes to show you that politicians won't stop spending unless they have no source of more money. Since Washington can print money and raise taxes without our approval I don't see how we are going to get them to stop spending unless we pass a tax payer revolt constitutional ammendement.

#17     May 29, 2009
  8. Speaking of summer school. I've been hearing that schools in NY may charge for summer school and also not all schools will offer all classes, meaning your kid might have to attend two schools to complete two different classes.

#18     May 29, 2009
  9. Move to Nevada...then your car registartion won't start. :D

#19     May 29, 2009
  10. Stosh

Stosh

Exactly. The only way to control the beast is to starve it first. Stosh

#20     May 29, 2009