great new pattern

Discussion in 'Trading' started by praetorian2, Jan 7, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Praetorian - what's your stop + target on this one ?

#21     Feb 28, 2001
  2. stop i gues is the lows of the day... no idea on target.. just wait a quarter and start selling 2k every eigth up
    Baron, do you mind that i post stocks here. I know it's kinda frowned upon (not allowed maybe) If you want me to stop, or if anyone else wants me to stop, I will. But I try to only post the most liquid ones, so I don't "hype" them up.

#22     Feb 28, 2001
  3. hrzg is the only seller... nite is very long and bidpushing... everyone else is just scalpin teenies

#23     Feb 28, 2001
  4. I don't see much trading going on in the stock ?!

#24     Feb 28, 2001
  5. privateer...
    Of course no trading. Nite bought those low blocks on the open, and is now bid pushing to let them out around 4. I let loose my first 2500 sell salvo at 15/16 + 5/16 avg.. plenty more to go.

#25     Feb 28, 2001
  6. I'll watch this trade. I am a bit reluctant to trade those low priced stocks with little volume; one big block trade on the wrong site of your position and you're mincemeat.
    ( Happend to me once when I started trading - small account looking for cheap stocks to play - since then, I never took a look at a stock below 10 USD unless it's a big name, trading on big volume )

#26     Feb 28, 2001
  7. I agree. I normally get chewed up. But I decided to get big in this one just because there is 10k minimum on the bid/ask so you can get out. I was long as much as 12k at one point. I sold most at 15/16 - 3... I have 3500 left, but I will reload teh boat tomorrow. Big gap down yesterday, didn't want to risk it, or loose the buying power, especially b/c it isn't marginable.

#27     Feb 28, 2001
  8. Praetorian2 - I just had the idea to check the charts I posted on January 11th. based on my BE scans.

Do yourself a favour and look at them. I guess, with the exception of one stock, we are really onto something interesting for multiday swingtrading.

TMPW posted on Jan. 11th. at around 58 went to 65 within 3 days

BCRX - not so dynamic, but you could have bought it at 7 and sold it few days later for 7 3/4

CSTR - went from 13.50 to over 20 in the following weeks
    still trading at around 16 - 17

HQH - you could have bought it the next day at 23 and sold it 8 days later for 26.50 - 27

LCRY - would have been a buy at 19 a day later and a sell for 27 3 weeks later

SCRL - a buy at 33 - 34 and a sell at around 36 a day later, but if one would have hold it - it trades now at around 37 - 40

Guess I'll do some more work on that simple BE screen

Good Luck

#28     Mar 1, 2001
  9. I agree.. I've been playing this pattern for a month now...VERY GOOD RESULTS. I don't know. I was stopped out on ttpa when it gapped down again today. I made like 2500 total on that trade including my losses on the shares i held overnight. I may reenter if it looks stronger on fri though.

#29     Mar 1, 2001
  10. Glad to hear you came out with a very reasonable plus on this trade. However, it's not for me.

But I'll take definetively look for those patterns. I'd say we have seen quite a few of them in the tech-arena.

Don't know what's that IBM conference was all about today - but it seems rumours were enough to let the shorties start cover their positions.
    I'll watch for some follow through tomorrow and may even the next couple of days - with a FED meeting ahead - should be good for some long-trades in battered techs.

#30     Mar 1, 2001
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.