Great New Pattern

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by rtharp, May 30, 2001.

1. Ummm... ???

Sleeping for a year to answer to this thread>???

#101     Oct 8, 2003
  2. You get slapped around a lot, but it has also made me a few hundred % a year for years. It just takes practice and iron balls.

#102     Oct 8, 2003
  3. ges

ges

No. :)

I just found this thread. It happens to be my dominant trading method...more or less.

g

#103     Oct 8, 2003
  4. ges

ges

I've got it worked into a mechanical system that is quite good. You have to endure an occasional serious DD, but it still has the best equity curve I've come up with in mechanical systems.

g

#104     Oct 8, 2003
  5. pspr

pspr

Are there some basic rules for trying to catch falling knives?

Wally

#105     Oct 11, 2003
  6. Expect to loose pretty big every so often.

Expect to loose small a lot.

Pyramid in.

#106     Oct 11, 2003
  7. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

Funny you should ask. Pristine put out a nice lesson on playing climactic reversals a couple of weeks ago in their Trading Lesson Of The Week for Sep 24. Just go to Pristine.com and follow the bread crumbs.

#107     Oct 11, 2003
  8. ges

ges

Wally,

Be patient. Don't go in too soon. Use a limit order to catch volatile selloffs. No stops, except for very wide volatility based stops. Use a very large database and only take the extreme setups. Use a profit target to get a great win/loss ratio and accept that losers will occasionally be large.

The large occasional DD makes this hard to trade for most people. You can cherry pick the trades (this assumes you have a system), but must take them all or use rational filtering methods.

Very few people can trade this type of play because of the fear factor and DDs.

g

#108     Oct 12, 2003
  9. ges

ges

Correction: that should have read: You CAN'T cherry pick the trades.

g

#109     Oct 12, 2003
  10. pspr

pspr

Thanks ges.

#110     Oct 12, 2003