great new FX book!

Discussion in 'Forex' started by marketsurfer, Dec 7, 2005.

1. Rockford files theme?! Nah, I prefer this rockin' solo from EJ...

#21     Dec 11, 2005
  2. mindfull

mindfull

How old do you have to be to remember this tune?

#22     Dec 11, 2005

3. Remembering the theme song is fine, but can you do the "driving in reverse and spin the car around" technique?

#23     Dec 11, 2005
  4. Maverick1

Maverick1

Eq!

That rocks!

I bet taken from G3 live, where EJ really stood apart shining like a gem in the rough. Wow, listen to those licks man, just breath taking...

#24     Dec 11, 2005
  5. mindfull

mindfull

I can't even remember that ... well maybe it will come back to me in an hour or two.

#25     Dec 11, 2005
  6. #26     Dec 11, 2005
  7. \\\

In the opening credits, he is driving backwards at high speed and spins the car around towards the camera.

I ruined a few sets of tires and even a rim or two trying that. The old bias plys never really stood up to serious abuse.

#27     Dec 11, 2005
  8. Getting back to the thread topic, the book nicely summarizes most of the key elements that FX traders pay attention to. The one hitch is that "Daytrading" could have been left out of the title of the book; I assume it was used to capture the attention of stock daytraders looking to crossover to fx. But there is only a chapter or so dealing with a few intraday setups, the bulk of the information here is geared towards medium and even long term considerations for fx movement.

Yes, a profitable fx daytrader can further benefit from the information in the book as he probably already has an idea of how to apply it, yet it's unlikely he was not familiar with most of the contents already. But someone who has never traded fx intraday before or who is unprofitable will probably not see any improvement in his short-term trading from reading it. I guess this is a fairly common paradox when it comes to trading literature though; otherwise it is well written introduction to fx markets.

#28     Dec 17, 2005
  9. Just curious -- is anyone able to view this thread in Mozilla Firefox?

Asking because ever since that multimedia post a week ago, whenever I click on this thread, all my Firefox windows / tabs (typically as many as 15-20 tabs across 2-4 windows) are terminated immediately. Instant kill, in a New York second. Using the latest version, 1.5.

It's fine in either IE or Netscape. Since Firefox has been my default browser for ages, I have to remember to launch IE or Netscape every time there's a new post on this thread. Yeah, I'm typing this in IE. No big deal, but kind of a hassle to have all those Firefox windows / tabs gone, if I forget. Anyone else? Any ideas?

#29     Dec 17, 2005
  10. Lucrum

Lucrum

I'm using Forefox and I can see it, although I did have trouble participating in a survey on this site recently. I had no problem using IE.

#30     Dec 17, 2005