great new book

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by daytraderpete, Jun 29, 2003.

1. seriously, whats good about it?

#11     Jul 16, 2003
  2. Uni

Uni

Don't know about anyone else posting, but I have nothing to do with the author (should be obvious since I'm criticizing his writing ability).

Like Pete, I just think it's a good book and I thought it might benefit other, more civil people around here.

Have a great day,

Uni

#12     Jul 17, 2003
  3. Uni

Uni

IMO, as I said before, it distills the essentials of creating an effective trading business. Other things I like about it are:

-Repetition of key points (neatly summarized after each chapter)

-KISS philosophy throughout

-Lots of examples of points made

-Solid, basic advice on the main facets of trading sans the wordiness and esoteric TA methods of Elder (whom I highly respect, nonetheless)

-Obviously aimed at the intermediate-level trader who may be searching for a way around an obstacle or two

If you've got it all figured out and you're satisfied with your consistent profitablility, don't bother with this book (in fact, if this is you, you could probably write your own book). If you're like the rest of us, I think you'll find at least a couple of things worth the price of admission. If not, you can resell it for a couple of bucks less on Amazon.

Uni

#13     Jul 17, 2003
  4. cashonly

cashonly Bright Trading, LLC

Ahhh... just because you have it all figured out and are consistently profitable doesn't mean you can write a good book. Unfortunately, vice-versa is also true. I'm sure some people aren't consistently profitable, but can still write a book on it.

#14     Jul 17, 2003
  5. maxpi

maxpi

If he thinks the book is probably no good why should he add something positive?

Max

#15     Jul 17, 2003
  6. noname

noname

there is something very fishy about this post. I get the feeling daytraderpete and uni are either the same person or are working together. Just the way they are going about posting and the fact the are both junior members with 20 something posts doesn't help.

#16     Jul 17, 2003
  7. maxpi

maxpi

Right, people always come in with "this great new book" or "this great new trading site" and it's always "let's sit around the campfire and just have a great time bonding and learning". They usually trash anybody that does not want to play along too but some are "smarter" and they post longwinded replies to the skeptics and keep the thread going longer.

Max

#17     Jul 17, 2003
  8. I recommended a book. Nothing more,nothing less. I don't know UNi or the author, could we please give it a rest. It amazes me that someones life is so boring that they spend their spare time thinking of hidden motives for a simple post.

Get a life guys, I liked the book, thats all.
    Pete

#18     Jul 17, 2003
  9. did you write it?

#19     Jul 17, 2003
  10. IF I don't know the author, I obviously didn't write it.

#20     Jul 17, 2003