Great Idea, Next Step?

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by Ian999, Jun 29, 2010.

1. Ian999

Ian999

I am going to be a freshman in college and had an idea how beat the market using high frequency trading with some stocks. A couple of friends and I got data down the second and did some backtesting and it offers about 1-3% per day returns. The truth is we need millisecond data and we also need bid/ask data.

Is the a firm that allows people to use their software, use their data feed, not use or tell anyone your method, and then you pay them brokers fees or a fee of some sort. We are worried of the idea getting taken but we still want to try to do some better testing with hopefully live millisecond data and then move onto real money.

I don't know much about high frequency trading platforms but we could learn whatever coding language necessary. Any info is helpful. Thanks.

2. Forgive me. I will cheerfully admit that I am an old fool if you will regretfully admit that you are a young one. If you have a one-second timeframe strategy which generates a minimum of 250% per annum uncompounded, you do not need millisecond data just now. For less than $200 per month you can rent connectivity and data which satisfy your one second needs. You do the third grade arithmetic on the account size needed. In all modesty, what you REALLY need is a trading counsellor like me. I will work just for the privilege of fading your trades. I was a college freshman once myself, and after nearly fifty years, my foolish youthful facility at self-deception has yet to wear off.

3. A good trader once told me finding an edge is 50 percent the logic and 50 percent executions. He was right. With hft it's all executions. The only way to see if it works is to just try it.

I don't know if you want but I know all the software / programming. If you wanna
    pm and I can possibly program it and see how it does live. I cam sign
    a nda

4. Ian999

Ian999

"I was a college freshman once myself, and after nearly fifty years, my foolish youthful facility at self-deception has yet to wear off." - Arthur Deco

"A good trader once told me finding an edge is 50 percent the logic and 50 percent executions. He was right. " - WhiteOut56

Why did my post attract the cheesiest comments?

5. There is a saying in NLP: "The meaning of your communication is the response you get."