Great Example of Tradestation Incompetence

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by vanilla2, Mar 9, 2004.

1. I downgrade from the full CME data entitlement to the CME minis entitlement last night, and I lose my CME data completely. The web entitlement page reflects no change.

I wait 35 minutes on the phone, to be told I may or may not have entitlements this morning.

I email customercare several hours ago, as recommended on the TS support forum, asking if someone can please follow up so that I can trade this morning.

I call in just now, and am told my change will be made once it has gone through billing, and that they have no idea when the change will complete.

We are TRADERS. We TRADE. What kind of platform swipes your data completely for downgrading an entitlement within the same exchange?

2. Sorry to hear that. Maybe you should go back to full CME -- have the system re-entitle you and then settle the issue after market close later today. Good luck...that sucks.

3. doji

doji

35 minutes? sad to say sounds like they are getting faster :(

-doji

4. TSGSzeto

TSGSzeto

vanilla2,

Thank you for your post. Please email Stephen Pepe, the Director of Client Support, at spepe@tradestation.com so he can work with you to make sure you are entitled for the correct exchange information you need.

Thank you,

Greg
    TradeStation Securities, Inc.

5. 25 hours and 7 minutes later...

...I hope for Vanilla's sake that his quotes were up and running long before now...

6. hey guys lol, thanks, yes, my quotes came back up at some point between 9:30 and 10am yesterday. what a pain in the neck, for what should be such a small and regular user action.

but seriously, something is very wrong when you lose the old quotes before you get the new ones, and have to spend the night on hold and tooling around with it. the tradestation web page still shows me as having the full CME package.. do i dare attempt to fix that?

I will write the person you recommended greg, thanks for your help.

I can't think of the last organization that put me on hold for 35 minutes, let alone to tell me a 2 second canned answer "I don't know". Even the phone company is better. I can't think of a better way to infuriate a customer.

7. TSGSzeto

TSGSzeto

Thank you for your feedback on this issue. We have resolved this problem and expect to rollout the new process within a few weeks. This will ensure a client does not lose access to any entitlement they have already paid for in the month. We are very sorry for the inconvenience this has caused. We appreciate your patience and understanding and thank you for providing us an opportunity to work with you.

Sincerely,

Greg
    TradeStation Securities, Inc.

8. Where is the data for EUREX US ?

Please add EUREX US ASAP !

:mad:

9. This is a good example of Tradestation, IMO, they make a decent software package but still lack greatly in customer service, but they don't lack in their ability to market it.

DS