Great Depression Chart

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by Darshan, Oct 7, 2008.

1. The exact low was reached on July 8, 1932, when the Dow hit 40.56 points.

#21     Oct 7, 2008
  2. [​IMG]

#22     Oct 7, 2008
  3. Current data is only available till 2007. In 2007, $40.56 from 1932 is worth:

$615.65 using the Consumer Price Index
    $532.93 using the GDP deflator
    $1,628.86 using the value of consumer bundle *
    $1,868.05 using the unskilled wage *
    $3,944.42 using the nominal GDP per capita
    $9,540.58 using the relative share of GDP

[​IMG]

Coincidence?:)

#23     Oct 7, 2008
  4. cszulc

cszulc

BUT THIS TIME IT IS DIFFERENT! hahaha:D

#24     Oct 7, 2008
  5. mokwit

mokwit

Therre will be an attempt to potray Bernanke and Paulson as the men of the hour who savd the world but their "contained" remarks will find their way into the history books as the pronouncements of an academic buffoon and a brainless footballer.

Bush's remark about how he heard gs had got kinda expnsive these days will be the equivelent of Marie Antionettes pronouncelent on the eating of "cake".

#25     Oct 7, 2008
  6. TT1

TT1

#26     Oct 7, 2008
  7. I agree! What did those bastards think they were doing!!!!!:mad: Only allowing opening of THE PERSONS safe deposit box in front of an IRS terrorist.:mad:

SICKENING!!!!!!!!

Wait until we get Barack Odumbass terrorist!!!! He will take away gun owners rights quickly, jack up taxes (DURING A RECESSION/DEPRESSION!!!!!!! Taxes went up in 1929, and the depression went into a long extended one due that simple dumbass mistake:mad: ), and get his wish; making America a Communist Country where you've got to ask if it's ok to go to the bathroom and take a piss.:mad:

Anyone (my Dad:mad: :mad: :mad: ) who would vote for that shithead needs their ass removed!!!!!!! The USA is getting ready to become a free for all, and the blood will flow in the streets when the government comes to my house to confiscate the guns I own! Waco up America!!!!!!!!!! If you want to be told when you can piss and when to shit, go ahead and vote for Odumba.:mad:

#27     Oct 8, 2008
  8. jem

jem

I have to say - looking at that FDR quote shows me that we are never to far from Marshall Law.

Therefore if the economy breaks down - I am far more concerned about Obama beliefs than McCains.

I have no idea what he thinks would be a fair use of his power.

#28     Oct 8, 2008
  9. Daal

Daal

could you overlay this on the last 12 months dow chart?

#29     Oct 8, 2008
  10. gnome

gnome

Maybe not. We weren't saddled with such levels of debt nor had the Boomer scourge hanging over the economy then.

#30     Oct 8, 2008