Great day for America !

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by IV_Trader, Sep 15, 2008.

1. Joab

Joab

Let's see what you say when the market goes nowhere forever.

Investment Banks run the US.

Without them the country will be destined to mediocrity.

#21     Sep 16, 2008

2. 1.Market goes nowhere = gamma scalping paradise... can I sign up for the next 20 years ? :D
    2.Unfortunately , yes
    3.You mean its can get even worse?

And I thought that smart entrepreneurs with big ideas made this country great (once). I guess it all about wealth shifting and not wealth creation , huh ?

#22     Sep 16, 2008
  3. Joab

Joab

It's about GREED

Without GREED - America is just Norway or Canada.

:cool:

#23     Sep 17, 2008
  4. gnome

gnome

Made me laugh, though I didn't understand the meaning...

#24     Sep 17, 2008

5. You obviously had zero interaction with that world. They are not good human beings, little heart or compassion and pure ignorance toward the real world. Those that aren't like that, leave the business within 2 years.
    The investment banking world & attitude is not something to be desired. It's made fun of by most of the city, the selfish inconsiderate gloating yuppie attitude.

Actually it's great, I wish more of these parasitic institutions went out of business. And it is very funny, considering how these jerkoffs who just got laid off acted like when they got the job.

#25     Sep 17, 2008
  6. As oppossed to? Poverty, which is where it pretty much is now? Or a financial collapse?

#26     Sep 17, 2008
  7. Mav88

Mav88

And I thought that smart entrepreneurs with big ideas made this country great (once). I guess it all about wealth shifting and not wealth creation , huh ?

lol, as if someone sitting around daytrading knows anything about wealth creation, or is contributing to productivity.

#27     Sep 17, 2008
    #28     Sep 17, 2008
  9. CNBC guest: “With high tech boom, WS saw its “edge” (huge b/a spread, insight info, front running) quickly disappears…hence, they were forced into high over leverage “

LOL

#29     Sep 17, 2008
  10. I'm sure the little worker ants are hard at work and building a career but the big shots don't care where their next paycheck comes from. As long as you can find it.

And as for "a good day in America". Only the future can really tell. Pretty soon we will see the prostitute's union complain about lack of customers. Those big bonuses had to be spent one way or another, a lot of people in NY will also lose their jobs.

And the damage might have already been done. And PE can still get money from the superbanks so they can still continue to slash thousands of jobs.

#30     Sep 17, 2008