Great Candlestick Reference

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by chartwatcher, Jul 2, 2009.

1. Hi,

I've lived here in Japan for 42 years, and have been a member of the Nippon Technical Analysts Association since 1978. In all of our
    meetings candlestick analysis has never been the topic. If you go to a bookstore that specializes in market books, out of 500 you might find 1 that touches on candlestick analysis. Looks as though it's a dead art here.

Whatever, if you're making money with CA, great, and more power to you.

#11     Jul 31, 2009
  2. Ok...I didn't know you were talking about topic discussions at NTAA.

In contrast, I'm talking about discussion forum (not the NTAA) in which I've seen several years ago being discussed at a Japanese discussion forum or by Japanese traders living in Japan that are discussing candlestick analysis at english speaking forums.

By the way, I've seen a few traders here at EliteTrader.com discussing candlestick analysis of the Yen or Nikkei in the past and they were living in Japan...

However, I don't know if they were Japanese.

Regardless, I do agree with you when you said the following...

Could it be that there's very few traders residing in Japan hanging out at english speaking discussion forums to explain why I only see a few discussions by Japanese traders via candlestick analysis. :confused:

My point is that maybe traders in Japan are more active in discussing candlestick analysis at other forums than the ones that you or I have visited so far (there are hundreds of forums that are public or private besides elitetrader.com).

Also, to be fair, candlestick analysis is heavily marketed (free and fee) here in North America than any where else in the world. Thus, like many other products in Japan or originated from Japan...the product popularity and use is greater outside of Japan.

Therefore, it would seem normal to me to see less traders from Japan using or discussing Japanese Candlestick Analysis in comparison to traders in North America.

Note: It's tough for me to do a search on this topic about the popularity of candlestick analysis in Japan versus the rest of the world considering I'm not Japanese nor do I understand the language at Japanese discussion forums about the markets.

Mark

#12     Jul 31, 2009
  3. I also wanted to mention that recently as in this year...

I've seen more book stores from all over the world advertising a variation of Candlestick analysis via Ichimoku Charts via marketing tactics like "for the first time in English". :D

I thought it was funny until I recently saw a Japanese book (written in Japanese) about Ichimoku Charts.

Therefore, will be interesting to see how much marketing is done here in North America about Ichimoku Charts in comparison to it in Japan by Japanese authors...

Wouldn't be surprise to see it heavily marketed here in comparison to Japan where very few Japanese traders are using it.

Note: I first heard of someone using it from a trader/analyst from Japan Mizuho Securities that I met recently on twitter in reference to Ichimoku Charts.

Mark

#13     Jul 31, 2009