Great Article on Prop firms- Bright, Echo, Maverick Trading, SMB, etc.

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by mavericktrader, Aug 25, 2011.

1. even a newbie won't settle for 5:1. 10:1 is generally the standard for 5-10k deposits. Only god knows why someone would want to be fully-backed and have some boss giving you shit. If 5k is really that hard for you to come up with, don't trade. you're better off becoming more financially capable by getting a job and saving money.

#51     Aug 29, 2011
  2. Bingo.
    That explains the 95%+ failure rate.

#52     Aug 29, 2011
  3. it is but it's an unfortunate fact that many new traders believe that your results are determined by the buying power. These idiots don't understand if they're losing money at 5:1 at 10:1 they will just be losing double but kids nowadays need to learn the hard way.

#53     Aug 31, 2011
  4. THE FIRM'S education/training does not determine profitability. How much effort you put into your education/training is what determines that.

A university can teach you intro to c++, but if you want to be an expert, you need to spend a lot of time doing your homework and research.

You don't seem to understand the idea of personal responsibility. An institution is not responsible for you. You are responsible for your performance.

#54     Aug 31, 2011
  5. Just saying that failure rate is similar to failure rate of those training programs sold on the internet. Like Quik POP/Woodies CCI.

So training is not worth much.

#55     Aug 31, 2011
  6. I remember seeing everyone excited about Woodies CCI...has it been proven to be a dud ?

#56     Sep 1, 2011
  7. Don't pay for training. If it's offered free, go for it but I don't think it's worth paying some retarded 5k fee for training. you'd be better off blowing out a 5k account in the market. you'll learn more.

#57     Sep 1, 2011
  8. i've seen several firms take a training fee, which is basically ur capital deposit in disguise and an excuse to distribute your profits at a low payout cos they tell u you're trading their money when it's actually urs. avoid.

#58     Sep 1, 2011
  9. yup. they charge u 5k for training and put 2500 in ur account and pocket the rest. that's why I say don't pay for training. The best teacher is the markets.

#59     Sep 1, 2011
  10. Interestingly, firms like Keystone either require the training or they require a auditable track record.
    I think that's very fair....and good business sense on their part.

#60     Sep 1, 2011