Great analogy

Discussion in 'Trading' started by RebateMan, Nov 6, 2002.

1. the perfect analogy for day-trading, is that it's exactly like the Running of the Bulls in Pamplona (no pun intended whatsoever) lol.

you try to run with the bulls,without getting stomped on and gored to death.

same goes for the market, you try to catch the movements, and move with them as much as you can, without being run over...which happens when you run in the opposite direction.

2. Except the bulls run both ways, including meandering to and fro for weeks at a time. Oh yeah, and the bulls bite the wallet out of your ass occasionally and dangle it in front of your eyes right before they gore you in the crotch. Then some of the more entrepreneurial runners convince you to give them money to teach you how to ride the bulls, while they, themselves, stand on the sidelines, collecting dough from poor schmoes like yourself. They sit casually on fat moneybags, perched atop a balcony as hordes of wannabe heroes get trampled in the fray. The truly talented runners just run like hell...and don't look back.
    :eek:

3. i was talking figuratively but its ok lol.

4. umm, and do they give you a paycheck after the bull thing?:D

5. I know. I know. Just kidding. Got a bit carried away there.:)

6. Hmmmm... I wonder what would happen if they had a Running of the Bears? Now that could get ugly.:eek:

7. I don't think so. But, it might make for an interesting story when trying to pick up a woman in a bar. Of course, I guess you could always not do it, and just say you did.

One of my friends actually did run with the bulls, he got gored in the arm. He had a nasty gash that took several months to heal.

8. lolololololol.

9. Hmmm. That seems to leave no room for the contrarians among us. I think that if you can figure out when the bulls/bears turn and jump on their backs when they stop to turn, the ride is much more enjoyable. You do have to stand at the predicted point of the turn and can get stomped on though :D

10. The only analogy I can come up with that fits the pattern of my first few weeks of trading was running, stopping, turning around and charging the bulls while screaming, "You want some of this you fat ass cows!!!!"

Then I said, "ouch" and wised up.

#10     Nov 7, 2002