GRASSROOTS EFFORT to take on the SEC (esp. read if you are sick of the SEC)

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Ron In-a-sauna, Feb 22, 2003.

1. OMG, you are a FOOL!

You don't ruin things for everyone because of a few losers. There's a few bad apples in any group. Your argument that PDT should be increased to $50k so daytraders don't shoot up offices is ABSURD! Where do you draw the line? Let's make kitchen knives illegal because murderers have used them to kill people.

You are so clueless, I don't even know why I'm wasting time responding to your nonsense.

FRuiTY :(

#21     Feb 22, 2003
  2. Just admit the real reason you want the PDT rule at $50k is that it reduces competition.

#22     Feb 22, 2003
  3. sammybea

sammybea

LOL... by comparing me to someone who walked away from a murder shows one thing. You are unstable. Maybe you compare your inability to get 25k to people dying, but lets face it, you are the type of person who will kill if you lose money. Its sad, but you just reinforced the idea that the limits are too low. I hope the managers of prop firms have guns, because people like you do exist.

#23     Feb 22, 2003
  4. sammybea

sammybea

Nope, just keeps the gamblers who are unstable to a min. Who wants the threat of another shooting.

#24     Feb 22, 2003
  5. qdz2

qdz2

You gotta be congratulating yourself so far that there has been no shooters among those were pushed to risk more than 25K to PDT stocks and stock options , or those were pushed to trade futures and lost, or those who lost jobs at Enron,Worldcom because the SEC didn't do its primary job but focused on crooking corrupt policies like the PDT rule in 2001.

Again, you still ignore the fact (or don't understand a thing), that the PDT rule claims to protect the brokers, and actually was designed to benefit special interest groups and lobbyers.

:p

#25     Feb 22, 2003
  6. noprophet

noprophet

The PDT rule would have not affected the Atlanta shooter Mark Barton's ability to trade. I think I remember he had something like $400,000 when he started trading.

#26     Feb 22, 2003
  7. sammy, you're wrong again. I never said I didn't have the 25K. In fact, I have more than enough to open several 25K accounts. I merely read your post and saw a blatant expression of arrogance and stupidity.

My opinion is that freedom of trade should be for everyone-- not just the elite few, and it bothers me that the PDT rule goes against everything that free trade stands for. Your arrogance and narrow focus on yourself is the same type of mindset that brought the PDT rule into effect by its creators.

If you're willing to except the possibility of more and more restrictions on your freedom, then I can understand your apathy.
    If not, you might want to re-think what you're saying.

#27     Feb 22, 2003
  8. Man, you are just incredible. You are one sorry ass..let me tell you. I rate you a 9 (out of 10) on the stupid scale.

F. PeBBLe :(

#28     Feb 23, 2003
  9. sammybea

sammybea

BUT.. if there was a PDT rule, he would have been left with 25k.. instead of 0. The SEC is a lot smarter than you think.

#29     Feb 23, 2003
  10. sammybea

sammybea

You obviously take things very personally. Comparing me to someone who stands by while a murder happens means you are unstable. You fail to see where reality begins and ends.

#30     Feb 23, 2003