Grassley: Sen. Baucus Retiring Because Of ObamaCare Train Wreck

Discussion in 'Politics' started by pspr, May 12, 2013.

1. pspr

pspr

Democratic senator Max Baucus is retiring because he is “fed up” with the Affordable Care Act, according to his Republican colleague Chuck Grassley. Speaking at Friday night’s Lincoln Day dinner in Iowa, Grassley told the audience the Montana senator is leaving office ”because he’s so fed up with the possibility of the implementation of Obamacare being a train wreck.”

Baucus, the chairman of the Senate Finance Committee, played a key role in writing the 2010 law.

Grassley said that dissatisfaction with the health-care bill exists across party lines, describing a “bipartisan coalition in Washington” that considers the implementation of the law a disaster. “It’s a shame that a trainwreck even left the station a couple years ago,” he added, referring to Baucus’s now-infamous statement of frustration.

The 79-year-old Iowa senator also used his remarks to inveigh against the Gang of Eight’s immigration bill. A member of the Senate Judiciary Committee, Grassley has been one of the most outspoken opponents of the legislation. Referring to the 1986 immigration act signed into law by President Reagan, which legalized millions of illegal immigrants, he said, ”I want you to know that we screwed up in 1986.”

He concluded, “Today, we have 11 million people who came into our country illegally. The lesson learned: You reward illegality, you get more of it.”

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/348039/grassley-baucus-retiring-because-hes-fed-obamacare

2. wjk

wjk

So is this guy suddenly growing a conscience? He reminds me of the time I had to scrape dogshit off my shoe. What a piece of shit. And he'll live the good life. I'd love to see someone like Dick Cheney on a healthcare panel making decisions on what guys like this shitbird get in terms of treatment.

"You wrote this incredibly terrible piece of legislation? No medical treatment for you, motherfucker!"

That would be fucking sweeeeet!

3. Just like blowme fwank and dodd absconded before the TBTF finance reform .

4. There was an article in the paper last week. Plenty of Dems are leaving soon. And the future prospects for both parties looks dim, qualified people are not interested in ruining their life.

If you have brains money and power, whaddya going to do next, play in the sand box? Not hardly. No one likes being dragged through the dirt for public service. If you're lacking money or power, yea well then, run for office.

5. wjk

wjk

Doesn’t even matter if you have skeletons. Today's media will create some for you and not lose a lick of sleep over the destruction of your character if you're not in their camp, (or they in yours, depending on how you look at it).

Sounds like a good environment for progressives, though. The chips are stacked in their corner.

6. I stopped reading right there.

7. Lucrum

Lucrum

You mean your reading comprehension stopped right there?

8. He probably thinks montana is part of canada.

9. No I mean Montana is sparely populated, but it is populated by rednecks.

A democrat in Montana is the same as a pub in Massachusetts.

10. I went to a much better school system than they have in Alabama, so I can understand your confusion.

#10     May 12, 2013