Graphics Card

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by DT3, Jul 27, 2020.

1. DT3

DT3

Looking for recommendations, need an inexpensive ($50-$100) graphics card for a trading workstation. Just used for trading and streaming. Need to run 3 monitors at 1440p. Thx

2. Bugsy

Bugsy

I run Tradestation on 2 monitors with an AMD Ryzen 3 2200g, but it's $150 on Amazon.

3. Given the applications for which you use your computer it does not really matter which one you choose. As long as it has three outputs and fits in your computer case.

apdxyk, VicBee and d08 like this.
  4. Bugsy

Bugsy

This is true. On my 7 year old computer/ graphics card it looked no different.

How he's picturing it in his mind

[​IMG]

How it will actually be.

[​IMG]

d08 and ET180 like this.
  5. Not all that many cards to run 3 monitors.

You can use either 2, dual-port cards or 1 quad-port card. Just be sure your card(s) will run your desired resolution and have the same ports as your monitors. (If not, you may be able to use adapters.)

For dual-port cards, suggest NVS 310. Comes in 512MB and 1GB of VRAM... definitely get the 1GB version.

For quad-port card, suggest NVS 510... but you may need to buy DP-Mini DP adapters.

I buy mine on ebay, used.

6. d08

d08

Why? My now dated GTX 960 that is something like $75 when buying used has 2 DVI ports, 2 HDMI ports and a VGA port. So I figure 5 monitors can be attached (but perhaps only 4 used due to Nvidia drivers).
    NVS cards had a selling point decades ago when "gaming" cards had the fans always on and NVS was passively cooled. Nowadays that the fans only spin during load, not sure what the selling point is.

7. A good option could be nVidia GeFore GTX 950 that supports at least 3 monitors and it's under $100 on Amazon. This is what I use right now and does it's job perfectly.