Grains & Softs

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by schizo, Feb 4, 2011.

1. schizo

schizo

Can you elaborate? How are equities more efficiently priced than grains? Not being critical, merely curious.

#31     Feb 8, 2011
  2. Shagi

Shagi

I know lots of guys here will say crop reports are important - well you can actually trade and make money without reading them. This is delight of a chart if you read it correctly and take appropiate action.

My bet is after tomorrow's report the market will open lock-limit in direction of trend and rice market is geared to be the sensation of the month outperforming - wheat/corn/soybeans.

• rice.png
      File size:
      69.3 KB
      Views:
    #32     Feb 8, 2011
  3. which report? there are so many huge reports tomorrow!! click here http://tinyurl.com/2aqxygk

#33     Feb 8, 2011
  4. ammo

ammo

go back and look for a thread from young trader, an iowa farmboy,gave you some insights into seasonal and weather fundamental knowledge needed for trading farm comodities

#34     Feb 8, 2011
  5. Shagi

Shagi

#35     Feb 8, 2011
  6. #36     Feb 8, 2011
  7. schizo

schizo

Thanks, I remember that thread. This high school dude supposedly made a killing trading the grains and feeders under the supervision of his dad who trades at KCBT. :D

Here it is:

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?threadid=100007&perpage=6&pagenumber=1

#37     Feb 8, 2011
  8. local

local

Oat volume is thin becase it reflects the relatively small underlying supply, approx 4 mil tonnes grown in NA. Corn is the major feed ingredient.

Regards, local

#38     Feb 8, 2011
  9. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

Damn, Incy, you already know that the report will be bearish? Some of us thought it wasn't a real comeback, they were wrong...BANG.

#39     Feb 9, 2011
  10. looks like Soybeans are already limit up and trading has not even begun!!! thoughts? comments?

#40     Feb 9, 2011