Grains Journal

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Buy1Sell2, Feb 7, 2006.

1. spersky

spersky

I am long May beans at 590.

I placed that trade Friday. I figure alot more upside vs downside to the trade and risk/reward looks good

#31     Feb 26, 2006
  2. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

good luck to you!!

#32     Feb 26, 2006
  3. spersky

spersky

Buysell,

How far do you expect wheat to go before it starts to tank?

There are nice bearish Divergences on the daily MACD. It should start to tank soon. From a seasonal POV it also looks like wheat has topped out. I started to leg into a short wheat position today. Just a little bit to test the waters.

Regards
    Steve

#33     Feb 27, 2006
  4. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

I think within the next two weeks. We may see another drift up, but I think technically the market is showing more signs of weakness including MACD and RSI divergences. In any event, if prices rise , I will look for further averaging into shorts. As it is, I have added to my position only once , so a move down here would be good but not fantastic just yet.

#34     Feb 28, 2006
  5. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

Are you still holding the long?

#35     Mar 2, 2006
  6. spersky

spersky

sold the long today

Profit was just too much too leave out there

#36     Mar 2, 2006
  7. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

Getting some nice downside today in May Wheat. I was actually hoping for a bit higher prices to average up a little more--maybe we'll still get those but it won't take too much more downside to get back the original 18 cent loss.

#37     Mar 6, 2006
  8. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

May Wheat is so poised for a down move. I have added a 3rd unit at 384 today. (short)

#38     Mar 8, 2006
  9. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

One wonders how long Wheat can flirt with 370- 380 before breaking down. Of course, it could go on forever and go higher as well. I still have a fairly small position relative to total portfolio, so higher prices may in fact be better for me in the long run.

#39     Mar 10, 2006
  10. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

apparently given the last half hour , it can go higher! Rest assured, I am looking for a place to add . Not yet though.

#40     Mar 10, 2006