Grains and Meats newbi ?'s

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by Kingfin2, Oct 12, 2006.

1. Kingfin2

Kingfin2

Hi everyone, just trying to get up to par with a few basics here. In trading meats and grains, what are the daily , weekly and monthly ,etc., significant reports that one should be interested in. Where would I be able to see them as well. Thanks for any help you could provide.

2. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

I don't look at any reports whatsoever. Daily and Weekly charts will tell you what you need to know.

3. Lucrum

Lucrum

4. Kingfin2

Kingfin2

Thanks, but if a person were to trade off the news what would be the more important ones?

5. i watch reports like today:grain exports,crop production.also,any storage number reports and cattle on feed. i trade intraday only so my frame is probably differnt than these other guys.
    cash reports for cattle and hogs can also mess with things or sometimes they dont' care.just like any of these reports

6. Cut and paste the following link into your browser. USDA website which will have all the reports you are looking for.

http://www.usda.gov/wps/portal/!ut/p/_s.7_0_A/7_0_1OB?navid=AGENCY_REPORTS&navtype=RT&parentnav=NEWSROOM&edeployment_action=changenav

7. Agweb.com is another good website for grain & meat news (but mostly grains). More links there.

8. BCE

BCE

Just noticed last night wheat has had a huge spike up here lately. Parabolic. But as you can see topped out earlier today. Was tracking it but forgot to look here the last couple of weeks and missed this.

9. Looks like Corn December 2006 opened limit up a couple sessions ago. I remember about November 2005 nearest corn futures price was less than $ 2 / bushel and decreasing.