Grain Market Poll

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by PohPoh, Oct 9, 2008.

1. Shaqi

Shaqi

So short all CT rallies

#11     Oct 16, 2008
  2. I disagree...funds are recklessly short cotton and it's such a deflationary commodity that it could actually find some traction here...fundamentals aint bad either...i'm long...

#12     Oct 17, 2008
  3. Shaqi

Shaqi

Yeh Yeh these rallies are going nowhere. Sell the rallies - Im Short today @5430:D

#13     Oct 20, 2008
  4. Shaqi

Shaqi

There we go

#14     Oct 20, 2008
  5. Agreed...for the very near term though is all. As per the blog I am out of my long Dec. corn...locked up a 36pt gain and will be waiting and watching now...

#15     Oct 20, 2008
  6. Shaqi...which month did you go with on the cotton trade? I don't necessarily agree that it goes to 35....but I'm also not bullish on it. I will say tha $.50 level attracts a lot of interest...govt. loan program support is near there...

#16     Oct 20, 2008
  7. Shaqi

Shaqi

December Cotton. I will not necessarilty hold it until 35. Who knows I may exit it tomorrow or I may be stopped out 5490 - lets see how the action pans out - I know its trading low but does not mean it can't go lower:D

#17     Oct 20, 2008
  8. Shaqi

Shaqi

Im out of CT - grabbed 500 pips. thank you:D

#18     Oct 20, 2008
  9. Shaqi

Shaqi

TraderX - Do you have the historical information about this govt. support program?

#19     Oct 20, 2008
  10. no...but in addition to trading, I also have been invested in farmland over the last 4 years here in Texas, so I am familiar with the govt. programs. Base loan payment is roughly 52 cents, with premiums/discounts from that level based on grades....this stuff can change though with each farm bill...I just have a hard time believing that the futures price would trade much lower than the govt. support level....cotton doesn't pencil at even 60-65cents right now...I don't know who would grow it down at 50-55...sure as hell won't be me....but then again I just let the rental places go and am lining up an equipment auction...I've made my money and now I'm out...none of the crops are showing decent budgets for the next few years....

#20     Oct 20, 2008