Graduate Trader Advice

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by Harty, Jan 17, 2008.

1. RAY

RAY

If it were me; I would much prefer this to someone walking in talking about "this-or-that" period EMA crossover.

I agree with the other poster that you can review market emotion and money management. As for the how-to stuff; They already chose you for a reason.

Good Luck

#11     Jan 17, 2008
  2. Yeah Harty, my suggestion is to follow your entry and exit points like your balls follow your dick. Easier said then done. If you can do this, like a robot, you will do fine. If you miss your entry just ONE time because "you thought" you will be heading to a road that you wished you never took, because it will happen again and again.

#12     Jan 17, 2008
  3. Harty

Harty

Cheers Compulsive, I'll have a look into it.

Ray, I agree, hope I'm not sounding like a twat, just wanted to turn up knowing something. Obviously I'm going to do exactly what they tell me too, but wanted a bit of experience as some people have done internships, I haven't.

Cheers for all the advice guys, if anyone does have any technical books they recommend I'd really appreicate it, and also any simulating software ?

#13     Jan 17, 2008
  4. rzepe5

rzepe5

What IB gave you this job? I'm applying for CEO.

#14     Jan 17, 2008
  5. heypa

heypa

You ignored the real key to success.Without it you will surely fail. Trade like you know Spock of Star Trek would. Emotional interference causes failure.Screen time is essential. KISS is recommended

#15     Jan 17, 2008
  6. Harty

Harty

Rzepe, I only graduated recently from Cambridge University. It's not about how good a Trader you are today, it's about how much potential you have and whether you will use the opportunity to reach that potential. There are hundreds of thousands of people out there with more trading knowledge than me, though I don't believe they all have more potential than myself.

Anyways pal, I'm sure you weren't born with the knowledge you now have. Not on here to give banter out anyway, just wanted some books on technical analysis or anything else that oculd be of use to me.

#16     Jan 17, 2008
  7. rzepe5

rzepe5

Harty
    I'm not saying you are not capable of becoming a good trader. I am saying that the place you are going to gave you very little direction as to what you will be doing in terms of strategy. My advice would be to seek a good mentor and pick the brain of that person. Like others posted you will need screen time to evaluate your trading and your personality. If you go in there throwing around technical terms to a guy who built the metals divisions blackbox system using 23 ma and 30ma he's going to make you look silly when he's done. It's the nature of the beast. Start off by listening. Good luck!

#17     Jan 17, 2008
  8. Harty

Harty

Cheers Rzepe, can you advise on a simulator so I can get some screen time ?

#18     Jan 17, 2008
  9. Dude, I would think you are going to get lots of training. They won't let you trade until they are sure you know what you are doing.

#19     Jan 17, 2008